The U.S. Press corps has delcared democracy dead in the United States

The Press Corps in New York City and Washington DC have totally failed the people in providing any kind of political debate on the issues. It is all about personalities, and lies supported by a few words taken out of context.
If that IS true, then they have played large part in making it happen.
If that IS true, then they have played large part in making it happen. Originally Posted by ICU 812

It is true, and they have played a large roll in it.
The fact that the media is lying to us is not what scares me, the fact that so many believe them is what is frightening!
when the news media and leftist pundits and the witches of the brew...oops i mean view.. decry the "losing of our democracy"

they are essentially claiming their opinion is our "democracy"

and that when the public has produced or is leaning toward an opinion which "they disapprove", they declare the public's opinion as not democracy but rather it's racism and sexism or some other nasty thing.

they define democracy as “society as we demand it be organized.”
The fact that the media is lying to us is not what scares me, the fact that so many believe them is what is frightening! Originally Posted by oilfieldace
The OP here says "It is all about personalities, and lies supported by a few words taken out of context." I would ask when has that not been true?

We live in an age where media from around the world is accessible with the click of a mouse or touch of a screen. Fact checking is available for those interested. Why don't more people do it?
Let's not kid ourselves. Democracy has been over for quite awhile
Democracy died when ballots replaced votes.
Democracy died when ballots replaced votes. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
You mean like when 37 states changed their voting laws in 2020 for example??
Yeah. It died when certain political parties failed to get their constituents to the polls than had to cry about fraud dozens of times and when they had their moment in court, all those dozens of times, they failed to even bring up the word "fraud" that they were screaming about.

Whose fault is that?