They will say its the climate...

Thousands Believe Covid Vaccines Harmed Them.
Yup they're talking about it at the NYT

The dam is starting to break....

Since the vaccine campaign began in 2021, about 1,100,000 more Americans died than would have been expected based on previous trends. Of those, 300,000 were between the ages of 15 and 64.

Excess deaths during the pandemic year 2020 totalled 458,000, but most of those were older Americans, with only 124,000 (27 per cent) in the 15-64 age group. In 2021, the figure for that younger group rose to 215,000 (47 per cent).

‘That’s striking to me, because we were told the virus mostly killed older Americans with comorbidities. Why then was there a shift in 2021? Because an equal amount of Americans died excessively each year, but we then shifted to almost half of those Americans being of working age.’

Instead of being protected by the vaccine, the trend continued in 2021, 2022 and 2023. In addition, the statistics for disabilities ‘just really take off’ in 2021, Dowd said. For every one excess death, about four or five disabilities were reported. ‘If I was to measure the effectiveness of the vaccine just based on that alone, it’s an epic fail.’

He added that with many Americans now declining to take the booster jabs, ‘the good news is there seems to be a declining trend in excess mortality’ – though less so in disabilities. Countries which have continued the booster programme are not experiencing this decline. ‘For instance, the UK has seen a rise in excess deaths ages 15 to 44. It actually hit new highs in 2023 of around 20 per cent.’

The 2023-2024 formula COVID-19 vaccine given to working-aged adults afforded a low level of protection [23%] against the JN.1 lineage of SARS-CoV-2, but a higher number of prior vaccine doses was associated with a higher risk of COVID-19.
There a old saying "what doesn't kill you make you stronger" this is how vaccines work basically making you immune system know what the disease is. In doing so the rest of the body takes a hit. If body doesn't over come it you die. That a good thing it shows the vaccine works.
Still very proud to say I'm jab free!

Since the vaccine campaign began in 2021, about 1,100,000 more Americans died than would have been expected based on previous trends. Of those, 300,000 were between the ages of 15 and 64.

Excess deaths during the pandemic year 2020 totalled 458,000, but most of those were older Americans, with only 124,000 (27 per cent) in the 15-64 age group. In 2021, the figure for that younger group rose to 215,000 (47 per cent).

‘That’s striking to me, because we were told the virus mostly killed older Americans with comorbidities. Why then was there a shift in 2021? Because an equal amount of Americans died excessively each year, but we then shifted to almost half of those Americans being of working age.’

Instead of being protected by the vaccine, the trend continued in 2021, 2022 and 2023. In addition, the statistics for disabilities ‘just really take off’ in 2021, Dowd said. For every one excess death, about four or five disabilities were reported.

The 2023-2024 formula COVID-19 vaccine given to working-aged adults afforded a low level of protection [23%] against the JN.1 lineage of SARS-CoV-2, but a higher number of prior vaccine doses was associated with a higher risk of COVID-19. Originally Posted by texassapper
From Your Link:

Although the original messenger RNA (mRNA) Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
vaccines were highly effective early in the pandemic [1,2], their effectiveness decreased as the
causative agent of COVID-19, the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2) virus, evolved over time and new variants emerged. Concurrently, the human population
developed an increasing level of herd immunity, resulting in a decrease in the number of people who
got infected and a substantial decline in the occurrence of severe illness among those who got
infected.
Newer vaccines were developed in an attempt to overcome diminishing vaccine
effectiveness. Bivalent COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, which encoded antigens represented in the
original vaccine as well as antigens representing the BA.4/5 lineages of the Omicron variant, were
approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in August 2022. In our cohort
of healthcare personnel in northern Ohio, we found that the effectiveness of the bivalent vaccines
against COVID-19 decreased from 29% when the Omicron BA.4/5 lineages were the predominant
circulating strains, to 19% when the BQ lineages were dominant, to no longer effective by the time
the XBB lineages became dominant [3].

What is the above saying? The mutation pattern (A new strain of Sars_CoV2 becomes the dominant strain in circulation) is faster than once every twelve months. This is a lot faster than with the Influenza_A virus. So once a new booster is available to the public within a couple of months a new strain of SARS_CoV2 has become the dominant strain. This causes the latest booster to be less effective.

So, if there are a lot of infections in your city you should keep wearing the KN95 mask. Especially if you are going to a super Walmart and will be around a lot of people.

The bottom line is a new booster is not going to protect you against EVERY variation in the spike protein component of the SARS_CoV2 virus.

I was in Las Vegas over the weekend and some black jack dealers and other hotel employees still wear there mask while working.

Have a nice day.
Thousands believe vaccines harmed them vs hundreds of millions of doses administered. That’s the way vaccines work.
Are we really back to the anti-vaxxer narratives?
  • Tiny
  • 05-08-2024, 09:00 AM

Instead of being protected by the vaccine, the trend continued in 2021, 2022 and 2023. In addition, the statistics for disabilities ‘just really take off’ in 2021, Dowd said. For every one excess death, about four or five disabilities were reported. ‘If I was to measure the effectiveness of the vaccine just based on that alone, it’s an epic fail.’

He added that with many Americans now declining to take the booster jabs, ‘the good news is there seems to be a declining trend in excess mortality’ – though less so in disabilities. Countries which have continued the booster programme are not experiencing this decline. ‘For instance, the UK has seen a rise in excess deaths ages 15 to 44. It actually hit new highs in 2023 of around 20 per cent.’

The 2023-2024 formula COVID-19 vaccine given to working-aged adults afforded a low level of protection [23%] against the JN.1 lineage of SARS-CoV-2, but a higher number of prior vaccine doses was associated with a higher risk of COVID-19. Originally Posted by texassapper
Those who've studied it believe excess deaths in young and middle aged adults are driven by drug overdoses, suicides and alcohol related causes. Are these in turn driven by vaccines? I strongly doubt it, but I guess it's possible.

Interesting article on the effectiveness of the vaccine, thanks. To add to what Adav8s28 has already quoted, the following from your paper is worth emphasizing,

The number of severe illnesses was too small to examine as an outcome. Like our previous studies, this study was done in a healthcare population, and included no children and few elderly subjects, and most subjects would not have been expected to be immunocompromised.

Consistent with similar findings in many prior studies , a higher number of prior vaccine doses was associated with a higher risk of COVID-19. The exact reason for this finding is not clear. It is possible that this may be related to the fact that vaccine-induced immunity is weaker and less durable than natural immunity. So, although somewhat protective in the short term, vaccination may increase risk of future infection because the act of vaccination prevents the occurrence of a more immunogenic event. Thus, the short-term protection provided by a COVID-19 vaccine comes with a risk of increased susceptibility to COVID-19 in the future. This understanding suggests that a more nuanced approach to COVID-19 is necessary. Although some individuals are at high risk of complications from COVID-19, and may benefit from receiving a vaccine frequently, the wisdom of vaccinating everyone with a vaccine of low effectiveness every few months to prevent what is generally a mild or an symptomatic infection in most healthy persons, needs to be questioned.

I think that pretty much speaks for itself. I imagine Moderna and Pfizer at some point will come up with a booster that targets the JN.1 or later variants, which will be more effective in preventing disease. At this point, perhaps deciding whether to get the COVID boosters isn't any bigger deal than deciding whether to get the flu vaccine. I'll probably get one when a year rolls around since the last.

There a old saying "what doesn't kill you make you stronger" this is how vaccines work basically making you immune system know what the disease is. In doing so the rest of the body takes a hit. If body doesn't over come it you die. That a good thing it shows the vaccine works. Originally Posted by Ripmany
My sentiments as well.

So, if there are a lot of infections in your city you should keep wearing the KN95 mask. Especially if you are going to a super Walmart and will be around a lot of people....
I was in Las Vegas over the weekend and some black jack dealers and other hotel employees still wear there mask while working. Originally Posted by adav8s28
I've mostly quit wearing them, except in airports, and I've come down with a couple of colds. I really should follow your advice, at least when around strangers. There's no downside.
There a old saying "what doesn't kill you make you stronger" this is how vaccines work basically making you immune system know what the disease is. In doing so the rest of the body takes a hit. If body doesn't over come it you die. That a good thing it shows the vaccine works. Originally Posted by Ripmany
No, that's not at all how Vaccines work.
The trouble is that it is almost impossible to know the Covid vaccines are responsible or not. The Covid also has blood clotting issues as a symptom, but if someone got the vaccine and then got a blood clot it could be they were at a higher risk of getting a clot if they would have got Covid.

I won't get a Covid booster as the virus is mutating way faster than they can make an updated booster.
Rip is actually a genius. His elementary writing is actually PhD level thinking. His post is true
Thousands believe vaccines harmed them vs hundreds of millions of doses administered. That’s the way vaccines work. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Is it? Because I recall the government, Big Pharma, and the media claiming that these jabs were 100% safe. Would you want your 18 year old who was at ZERO chance of death from COVID, take a shot that MIGHT kill them but would provide no protection against COVID or would do nothing to prevent the spread of COVID?

I won't get a Covid booster as the virus is mutating way faster than they can make an updated booster. Originally Posted by farmstud60
FS60, a fair statement to make. By the time a new booster is ready for the public to take, within a couple of months a new variant of SARS_CoV2 virus has become the dominant strain.
Why would ANYONE take a COVID booster at all (even after they were dumb enough to get the original injection)?

The CDC says to treat COVID like the FLu... which it was all along, but they scared a bunch of sheep into getting an experimental drug injected into them... some on multiple occassions when it was called a booster instead of the same shot again...

LOL... sheep getting what sheep deserve.
Why would ANYONE take a COVID booster at all?

The CDC says to treat COVID like the FLu... which it was all along, but they scared a bunch of sheep into getting an experimental drug injected into them... some on multiple occassions when it was called a booster instead of the same shot again...
Originally Posted by texassapper
1. Because the booster will work for the variant that it was designed to work for. The potential problem is the mutation pattern for SARS_CoV2 is much faster than once every 12 months. So, as FS60 stated a new variant becomes the dominant strain within a couple of months after the public can get the latest booster.

2. Your statement about what the CDC said is misleading or over simplified. The flu (influenza_A) and SARS_CoV2 virus (Referred to as CoVid_19) do have similiar symptoms but not identical. The original variant of SARS_CoV2 virus (which was never given a greek alphabet nick name) and the delta variant of SARS_CoV2 virus would travel much further down the upper respiratory track, and eventually end up in your lungs. Thus many of the patients infected with one of those two variants ended up on ventilator because the patient could not breath on his own. These variants were the dominant strain in 2020. The M-RNA vaccines were not available at the time. The only thing/remedy that would work was the monoclonal antibodies that Trump and Dr Ben Carson got. At the time this was experimental and not available to the public when Trump and Dr. Carson got infected. Eventually the monoclonal antibodies were made available to the general public. However, by the time the Omincron variant became the dominant strain the monoclonal antibodies stopped working.

3. I took the Pfizer two shot vaccine. I got my second shot in May of 2021. As far as I know I have not had had CoVid. I don't have any regrets. I have not had any booster shots, for the same reason that FS60 stated. With SARS_CoV2 virus the mututation pattern is to fast for a new booster shot to be effective.

4. Yes, the first booster was the original shot. That was due to the original thinking at the time was how long would the original shot last before it wore off. The original shot was not designed to protect you against every new variant that would become the dominant strain. SARS_CoV2 is a mutating virus. I.E. when it replicates it tries to make an exact copy of itself, but it can't, something changes. It could be just one amino acid in the Spike Protein chain.

5. There is one fact that you just can't spin or change and that is of the 1 million plus deaths due to CoVid19, 95% of those victims were NOT vaccinated. So, it is not accurate to say the vaccines don't work or don't prevent death.
1. Because the booster will work for the variant that it was designed to work for. The potential problem is the mutation pattern for SARS_CoV2 is much faster than once every 12 months. So, as FS60 stated a new variant becomes the dominant strain within a couple of months after the public can get the latest booster.

2. Your statement about what the CDC said is misleading or over simplified. The flu (influenza_A) and SARS_CoV2 virus (Referred to as CoVid_19) do have similiar symptoms but not identical. The original variant of SARS_CoV2 virus (which was never given a greek alphabet nick name) and the delta variant of SARS_CoV2 virus would travel much further down the upper respiratory track, and eventually end up in your lungs. Thus many of the patients infected with one of those two variants ended up on ventilator because the patient could not breath on his own. These variants were the dominant strain in 2020. The M-RNA vaccines were not available at the time. The only thing/remedy that would work was the monoclonal antibodies that Trump and Dr Ben Carson got. At the time this was experimental and not available to the public when Trump and Dr. Carson got infected. Eventually the monoclonal antibodies were made available to the general public. However, by the time the Omincron variant became the dominant strain the monoclonal antibodies stopped working.

3. I took the Pfizer two shot vaccine. I got my second shot in May of 2021. As far as I know I have not had had CoVid. I don't have any regrets. I have not had any booster shots, for the same reason that FS60 stated. With SARS_CoV2 virus the mututation pattern is to fast for a new booster shot to be effective.

4. Yes, the first booster was the original shot. That was due to the original thinking at the time was how long would the original shot last before it wore off. The original shot was not designed to protect you against every new variant that would become the dominant strain. SARS_CoV2 is a mutating virus. I.E. when it replicates it tries to make an exact copy of itself, but it can't, something changes. It could be just one amino acid in the Spike Protein chain.

5. There is one fact that you just can't spin or change and that is of the 1 million plus deaths due to CoVid19, 95% of those victims were NOT vaccinated. So, it is not accurate to say the vaccines don't work or don't prevent death. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Sorry to inform ya but there was never a variant. The Pandemic was never anything but a World Wide heist on human health and well being. More people fell ill from shear worry and fear than anything else. They are already planning another Pandemic with the H5N1 Bird Flu.