Russian Plane Zaps U.S. Warship’s Missile Defense System

Tell me this is a bad joke...

A Russian Plane Zaps U.S. Warship’s Missile Defense System

November 14, 2014

An unarmed Russian bomber in April flew over a high-tech U.S. ship. A crew member pressed a button. Poof! No more missile defense system on the ship. No more radar. The ship became a defenseless floating coffin.
Then the plane flew over the blind ship a dozen times. Basically, it was "Nyah, nyah, nyah."
This story got no play in American media.

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...#ixzz3J9J51dal
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Our President said give him until after his 2012 re-election.
Was Obama on board the Russian plane?
SNICK!
Here is what should concern us all.

"The same people that manufacture Radar Guns for the Police also manufacture Radar Detectors for motorist".

So much of our new weapons systems are totally controlled by some type of electronic device. This is all well and good as long as you are fighting a bunch of Rag Heads whose most sophisticated weapon is a machine gun mounted in the back of a pickup truck.

What happens when we are confronted with an enemy that has acquired his equivelent to the Radar Detector, and he can render our systems inoperable.

Don't you think the Russians, Chinese, Iranians, or any other potential enemy has people on the payroll that know our systems, and are constantly working on ways to defeat them?

Take the B-1 bomber, undoubtably the most modern and sophisticated aircraft in the air. But it's aireodynamics are such that a human being cannot fly it. Computers constantly are tuning the controles just so the thing will fly in a straight line.

If you can jam those computers, it's coming down.

Just something to think about. We might think War is now just a big video game, but people don't actually die in video games.
Was Obama on board the Russian plane? Originally Posted by i'va biggen

Why do you have to bring your SAVIOR into every post?
Was Obama on board the Russian plane? Originally Posted by i'va biggen

Why do you have to mention your SAVIOR in every post?
Why do you have to mention your SAVIOR in every post? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Why do you double post? You are the one who has blessed him with the title savior not me dipshit.
Who is snick?
After the Navy and before school I worked in a shipyard in Georgia. We built minehunters and they were protected against EMP and other electronic countermeasures. The entire class was decommissioned by Bill Clinton including a couple who had just hit the water. What a waste.

who is "is?"
I am snick? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy