First Concert

So I cannot sleep and thought of a topic that is off the radar. What was your first concert. Remember when that was fun? Mine was 1984 and it was a punk show. I grew up in Southern California.

I saw the Dead Kennedys, The Dickies, Doggy Style and DRI.

It is funny becaus my first concert is still the best ever. I was 12 and my cousin snuck me into the Hollywood Paladium. I went into the pit and came out with a broken nose. I suppose being 12 was not a free pass for the pit life.
KISS.....circa 1976...Dallas TX, Cotton Bowl (IIRC)

Absolutely spectacular!
First concert was David Lee Roth solo on the Eat em Smile tour!
  • T-Can
  • 08-27-2010, 07:25 AM
First one was some Edge Christmas Bash in December 95' - Toadies, Nixons, etc. The next month, January 96', I saw White Zombie and Filter tear it up at Fair Park Coliseum!!! I was hooked on going to concerts after that!

Best concert ever - any Tool show!
Grand Funk Railroad @ the Cottonbowl...god I am old
First concert I ever went to was Night Ranger at Six Flags when I was 10.

Second was Faith No More at Joe's Garage in Fort Worth.

The best shows I went to were Crash Worship shows, They were always at some underground venue. They were a tribal band and the whole audience would end up having some Caligula style orgy while the band was playing. It was awesome..
Black Sabbath, don't remember the year, but at the old international amphitheater in Chicago.
So I cannot sleep and thought of a topic that is off the radar. What was your first concert. Remember when that was fun? Mine was 1984 and it was a punk show. I grew up in Southern California.

I saw the Dead Kennedys, The Dickies, Doggy Style and DRI.

It is funny becaus my first concert is still the best ever. I was 12 and my cousin snuck me into the Hollywood Paladium. I went into the pit and came out with a broken nose. I suppose being 12 was not a free pass for the pit life. Originally Posted by Nitwitboy
Growing up in the area, I saw a lot of great shows at the Paladium too! There were a bunch of cool places to go to on the Sunset Strip. However my first concert was at The Country Club in Reseda with Alvin Lee. Being underage, I was sneaked in too.
Wow. Alice Cooper at Tarrant County Convention Center in 1972 was my first! What a way to start your concert going experience! It was, I think, the Billion Dollar Babies tour.
The Beetles
Sept 16th, 1964. New Orleans
Don't think I hear more than 2 or 3 words they sang the whole concert. Man, teenage girls can scream and scream and scream
Three Dog Night -- first tour.

Don't even want to go to the calendar and try to figure out the date . . .

Flyer
Beach Boys - 1965 - Will Rogers Auditorium (tame, I know -- later,but not much, saw Grand Funk Railroad, Johnathan Winters Group, John Lee Hooker)
Elton John. My date's dad drove us to the concert and I remember being very nervous and the dad kept grinning as we sat in the back seat together.

Looking back, it was awkward at best. And I hated all of the cigarette smoke at the concert. I could barely breath.

Elisabeth
Larry and the Bluenotes early 60's local band. Grand Funk Railroad at Tarrant County Convention Center 1970.
The Byrds at Fillmore East; or maybe Traffic; can't remember which came 1st, probably because the dope makes it all a haze....but it was all good !

Enjoy it here........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKhI09XO5R0