Vacations

Still very newb, so I have a newb question. During a long conversation I had with a provider, the topic of my next family vacation came up, and she strongly suggested taking her with me. Is it normal to mix family life and hobby life this way? As a papa bear, I'd have to get to know anyone (regardless of where I met them) very well personally before I'd let them around my child in such a close quarters setting. I was just curious if this was common practice.
I really can't comprehend this...on't know what to say.

You are thinking of thinking of mixing family and hobby together? A disaster waiting to happen.
  • Toyz
  • 03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Still very newb, so I have a newb question. During a long conversation I had with a provider, the topic of my next family vacation came up, and she strongly suggested taking her with me. Is it normal to mix family life and hobby life this way? As a papa bear, I'd have to get to know anyone (regardless of where I met them) very well personally before I'd let them around my child in such a close quarters setting. I was just curious if this was common practice. Originally Posted by CorwinOfAmber
That's a pretty bold statement for her to make.
  • pgman
  • 03-16-2014, 05:18 PM
In my 2 years on this site, I haven't heard of anything like that. Nor have I been offered even a hint of such a request by a provider.
Its not common or right ..family should be not around ever
This is an abysmally bad idea. Please don't do this.

First, consider all of the ways this could backfire on you, your child, and the rest of your family.

Second, stop seeing this provider. She has an agenda that goes beyond hobbying.

Monk
Totally agree with Monk. While I have heard of trips that are taken with providers, for her to strongly suggest you take her with you? That's a red flag.
Thank you everybody for your feedback, that's kind what I thought, but I wondered if I was missing something.
Providers can be a predator too. Next thing you know, bam! 18 years of child support!! happens...
Depending where the family vacation was taking place (like Disney or Vegas), I may jokingly say take me with you. But I would honesty never expect to be taken along. Family & hobby don't mix, unless your family knows you're in the hobby.
I'm assuming she was thinking of a huge paycheck at the end of the vacation.
That question made me think of the movie Pretty Woman. Just because the movie worked out at the end doesn't mean it would in real life.
You didn't say if there were kids. If no kids.. Sure.. why not? The fact that you're asking kinda shows that you're an open couple.. WE, my wife and I, have had fun times with more than one provider. Had not ever considered taking them on vacation with us, but we could. I'm not doubting my other half might enjoy, BUT, going on vacation with us? dunno.. but if it was a fun lady, that we both enjoy.. Sure, what the hell.. why not?
Oh yeah it's a good idea!
It depends on whether you're doing this behind your mates back. For us it could work.. depends more on the cost than the purpose. lol
Just had to say I love the OP's handle. Makes me want to dig the books back out and read them again.