W.A.S.P. Republicans

Are there really that many white Republicans or is the conservative media portraying there are?

For example Republicans are supposed to be for less government interference but want to tell women what to do with their bodies by having more and more government regulation to restrict their right to chose. And they are for less taxation but eventually end up voting against their own interests for people that devise ways to make sure all the tax cuts eventually trickle their way up to the top 1%. Hoping that trickle down economics will work in their favor even though it has proven to fail time and time again. And instead of making cuts where we can afford it like the military they cut programs we can’t afford to cut like our crumbling infrastructure which would actually create minimally tens of thousands of jobs.
Republicans want to shrink the size of the Federal government until it can fit inside a woman’s uterus.
  • dgc92
  • 09-25-2018, 02:17 AM
Republicans are small on government, big on religion. But to make the general public live by the same morals as a 2000-year old Jewish guy, you need lots of laws. That's the answer to your abortion riddle up there. And the part of the party that's not controlled by religious zealots is controlled by corporations, which is the answer to the tax part. Cutting the military's budget would really piss off the rednecks that mostly make up the "true believer" type Republicans, so they cut other stuff instead.

Democrats suck too, for different reasons. But nobody asked any questions about them.
Only one good W.A.S.P.

And dgc is correct... all politicians are scum!

• grean
  • 09-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Republicans want to shrink the size of the Federal government until it can fit inside a woman’s uterus. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

No, they just want to shrink federal government that they don't like, like making sure our kids stay competitive globally.

They love to tell sanctuary cities that immigration is under federal jurisdiction, for example.
  • dgc92
  • 09-25-2018, 03:56 PM
And dgc is correct... all politicians are scum! Originally Posted by Spit It Out
See, that's not what I said at all. The two-party system involves a lot of contradictions and things that don't necessarily go together being all lumped into the same category. The politicians themselves are mostly fine.

Some of them are lying, hypocritical assholes who make the rest look bad. But if you look at it as a numbers game, what percentage of them have really done anything bad? Not policy you disagree with, but actual dishonesty? Statistically, I'm guessing it's not that many.

It's like when I pick a mechanic to fix my car. I don't care if he values clutch over transmission. I don't care how much the markup is on the parts he sells, assuming it's not completely outrageous. All I care about is "can you make this car go? Do you basically know what you're doing?" That's the only thing that really matters.
They are all lying scum.
Have been as long as I have been alive.
I thought welfare was bad???

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ef/1114709002/

Trump giving many billions of our tax dollars to farmers (his constituents) suffering the effects of his trade war.
There's more of every ethnicity coming over to the Republican party after the injustice to kavanaugh...

It seems the Democrates never played sports growing up. They don't know how to lose and move forward....

On a side note, no matter what race, if you make less than $250,000 a year Trump is doing more for you right now than any President ever has. Look at healthcare. Do you think Obama care affected the rich? Hell no! The middle to lower middle class is the one's suffering.
There's more of every ethnicity coming over to the Republican party after the injustice to kavanaugh...

On a side note, no matter what race, if you make less than $250,000 a year Trump is doing more for you right now than any President ever. Originally Posted by DrBWC
Bill Clinton put more people to work and had possibly the best economic plan in US history. No thanks to the republicans like Newt G. Who to try and rewrite history and say it was all because of himself. When in fact he tried to block Clinton at every turn.

And as far as Kavanaugh goes. I’m not against it but the Supreme Court is a very important posting. And if this guy has anything in his background that makes him not worthy of it we need to know. These women deserve to be heard and their accusations need to be verified one way or another.

I’m not totally against a conservative judge being placed in the court(although I am afraid what it will do to R vs. Wade). But a republican president was elected and he gets to appoint a republican judge. That being said everyone is making such a big deal about this being delayed a few weeks get the fuck over it.

You say they “don’t know how to lose and move forward?”

Look what they did when it came time for Obama to appoint a judge. They blocked his choices for almost a year to keep him from making an appointment. So quit crying because that was an inexcusable injustice to the whole country that nobody ever talks about.

What I don’t like is the fact that these pussies in congress are afraid to question this lady themselves and are bringing in an outside prosecuting attorney because they don’t want to be perceived as being mean to a woman by asking the questions themselves.

Whatever happened to patriotism? We need the best person for the job. Not a he first person in line.
rich wasps voting republican makes sense, they're natural allies. the genius of the right wing media (radio personalities, faux news, gateway pundit etc) is they convinced the poor, racist redneck element to vote against their own self interests. goes to show you that tribal affiliations and identity politics triumph over commonsense and self interests every time.

PS: I voted for bush twice & mccain.
Beto may not flip Texas this year but seeing so much blue enthusiasm this season is great!!!
Are there really that many white Republicans or is the conservative media portraying there are?
Originally Posted by Hank3fan
What conservative media? Fox? Some collection of radio stations?

No, they just want to shrink federal government that they don't like, like making sure our kids stay competitive globally. Originally Posted by grean
Bingo. Our company offshored jobs because foreign countries had cheaper labor because they didn't have Social security and they didn't have to worry about being sued for billions.

Bill Clinton put more people to work and had possibly the best economic plan in US history. No thanks to the republicans like Newt G. Who to try and rewrite history and say it was all because of himself. When in fact he tried to block Clinton at every turn.

Whatever happened to patriotism? We need the best person for the job. Not a he first person in line. Originally Posted by Hank3fan
Uh, no. Bill Clinton put more people to work because he was President during the initial internet expansion. Clinton didn't have a damn thing to do with it. I was in Philly for a consulting gig and the taxi driver said he had just been released from prison the week before. Those were the days of three pay raises a year if you could spell HTML.

BTW, Trump released a list of 10 SC candidates. I doubt he does that again.
What conservative media? Fox? Some collection of radio stations?

Bingo. Our company offshored jobs because foreign countries had cheaper labor because they didn't have Social security and they didn't have to worry about being sued for billions.

Uh, no. Bill Clinton put more people to work because he was President during the initial internet expansion. Clinton didn't have a damn thing to do with it. I was in Philly for a consulting gig and the taxi driver said he had just been released from prison the week before. Those were the days of three pay raises a year if you could spell HTML.

BTW, Trump released a list of 10 SC candidates. I doubt he does that again. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I’ll try to answer these one by one see if you can keep up.

Yes exactly Fox News and 90% of talk news radio.

The GOP has done absolutely nothing to shrink big government. As a matter of fact they are just as guilty as the Dems in the realm of expanding government and government control with expanding programs such as HLSecurity.

And your thought on the reason for the exponential economic growth of the Clinton economy is ludicrous. Yes there was a large expansion of the technology field in the late 90s. But that was a byproduct/result of the Clinton economy not the reason for it. Clinton attacked the economy in the very beginning of his presidency which his macroeconomic (or as it became known Clintonomics) plan long before the .com age took off. By doing things like expanding free trade, cutting 400 billion of wasted money from the bloated budget. And as a result of those cuts it subsequently drove down interest rates and allowed people to start spending and fueling our economy in areas such as technology. And caused the lowest inflation in decades.

He also worked very hard to lower tax rates for the working/middle class Americans. Not just the top percentile. Who it’s been proven time and time again that when the top percent make more money they do not reinvest back in the country like the middle does.

Here’s a fun fact Clinton’s efforts to open foreign market trade actually helped creat American jobs at Harley Davidson. As opposed to Trumps tariffs that are forcing American jobs with companies like Harley overseas.

When he left office we actually had a surplus in our economy. Of course it was quickly squandered away and turned into one of the greatest economic crisis of our time by G. W. Bush. Who I actually long for now because for all his flaws he actually cared about the country as opposed to Trump who only cares about his Twitter feed.

I could go on and on about many more things that Clinton did to improve the wealth of this country as a whole. But this should give you a little bit of knowledge for now so you don’t say something that might make you seem foolish and can not be supported with facts in any way shape or form.
You keep giving clinton the credit, but wasnt it him working with a republican congress that got all those things done. He literally was taking all the credit while getting bj's in the oval office by his intern!!! The republican congress was doing all the work.