Guns make us stupid.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-fat...223110086.html

Instead of a silly slap fight where they both run out of breath and pass out and go about the merry ways. Someone is dead and two will likely be in prison for A long time.
I think the real statement is stupid people make guns dangerous.
I hope that an inanimate object does NOT lower my IQ.......
I think the real statement is stupid people make guns dangerous. Originally Posted by Hank3fan
Thankfully, there are no stupid people in the world.
It used to be gun owners were mainly hunters or collectors. When we would get together we would talk about hunting, our new rifle, or on occasion what happened at the range. Now when gun owners get together the conversation is usually about concealed carry, self defense, handguns. I think our mindset has moved from shooting animals while hunting to shooting people. I first joined the NRA in the early 60s. I've personally watched this shift.
TIL hobbyists are fudds
Stupid people can make anything dangerous.
Stupid people use gun, knives, automobiles, tire tools, whatever is handy. As Ron White has said so often, "Cant fix stupid."
Yup "Cant fix stupid" Just dive across Dallas ,
Yup "Cant fix stupid" Just dive across Dallas , Originally Posted by rexdutchman
something about glass houses. -5 sp.
Mass murderers in this country have access to knives, bats, hatchets etc., yet they repeatedly choose guns to carry out mass murder. That is not a coincidence.
Mass murderers in this country have access to knives, bats, hatchets etc., yet they repeatedly choose guns to carry out mass murder. That is not a coincidence. Originally Posted by tire-chucker
Yeah, guns have that power to create mass murderers.
  • dgc92
  • 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM
Yeah, guns have that power to create mass murderers. Originally Posted by LargeBreastFan
Guns make mass murderers more effective. Slowmover had it right up there. Most gun owners now are stupid rednecks with fantasies about some self-defense/home invasion scenario in their heads. Just sitting and waiting and hoping one day, someone will give them a legally justifiable reason to blow somebody's head off.

And everyone please note I said "most." If you personally are a gun owner and don't have a "justified kill" fantasy in your head, congratulations, you're smarter than most people with guns.
You have made some assumptions that appear to founded solely on your personal biases.
  • dgc92
  • 09-25-2018, 05:42 PM
How about if I say "every gun owner I've met in my life" instead of "most gun owners now?"