Good things since the split

I've been highly critical of the split at times, and I still think in many ways splitting Wichita off the KC forum did us no favors. However, its just another click really and it has had some benefits. So in the interest of being fair, I thought I'd put up a thread on the good things I think have happened since the split...

The most important of which is:

MORE INFORMATION SHARING - The Wichita men, and some providers, have been more open an honest about opinions, lots more backchannels and just more discussion of providers. This leads to...

BIGGER MARKET IMPACT - I was just talking to a provider about this yesterday... that in Wichita, a good ECCIE review can make you a couple of thousand in business (or more) whereas a bad ECCIE review means you can get stuck on backpage looking for business.

Yes, some folks still see people after bad reviews... like my continuing struggle on whether I go see She Who Was Jessica and is now called "Highly Addictive" is that even a name or an adjective... I'm confused. But she's still hot. No, just say you won't do it... NO

The bad thing for men lately is that providers who are not the standard staple (the women who used to run the Wichita section - even when it was part of KC) are by and large not active anymore for various reasons. So the new crop has yet to understand that they are losing money with bad reviews and/or other difficulties. Most/nearly all are using backpage as well. It used to be you knew a Wichita girl was running into some difficulties when she started trolling into backpage land. Now, its more standard.

Item last...

Less drama - sure Wichita has its own Drama Queens/Kings, but they are few and far between it seems, and usually tied to an incident rather than overall. I could be wrong here, maybe its just the lower traffic - meaning the same percentage, just not as often

So overall, while I still miss the back and forth that still happens in the KC forum, I can still go watch it, but you know, there have been benefits to splitting the forums.

The biggest of which has been shining a spotlight on locals...

Feel free to add, debate, post interesting anecdotes, or in general add your wisdom.
I dislike that Topeka is included here. It's a long way from Topeka to Wichita vs. KC.
[QUOTE=JackJohnson;1056753730]
BIGGER MARKET IMPACT - I was just talking to a provider about this yesterday... that in Wichita, a good ECCIE review can make you a couple of thousand in business (or more) whereas a bad ECCIE review means you can get stuck on backpage looking for business.QUOTE]

I don't know if "bad reviews" are indicative of a lady having to post on Backpage. I think it has more to do with how large the market is, and visiting versus being a hometown staple. If I am visiting for a few days (and have only toured there once or twice), more than likely I don't have a steady clientele in that city, and am not likely to get all 3 hobbyists looking for an appointment in the three days that I will be there. Does that make sense? Also there are actually traveling clients that are only aware of Backpage, and have no idea that ECCIE is in existence. I'm just saying, I don't think it screams "desperate". Although, I am not so sure how much I want to use it these days.
I hope things improve, and you guys feel like you are getting a better selection in Wichita soon. I have mentioned touring to a few well reviewed ladies. Hoping they come your way soon...
I dislike the split....or at least the inclusion of Topeka and Lawrence in it. The OP's post makes it clear that he views this as a 'Wichita' forum....as do alot of people (as an example, I cited the local Topeka newspaper website in an alert and the Wichita crew threw a tantrum, since it was foreign to them). And it makes sense - Topeka is a long way from Wichita. Imho, Topeka and Lawrence are part of Wichita for reasons dealing with traffic and activity; but, has little to do with where we might go and hobby - KC metro.
  • Dkayz
  • 05-23-2015, 09:53 PM
I like the split quite a bit. But that's probably because I'm up by Manhattan, so this makes it a little easier to find out what providers are closer than just KC. Granted, KC and Wichita are about the same distance away from me, and Topeka is an hour, but in my situation it has benefited.

I also think it evens out (including Topeka) since compared to KC the rest of the state is about the same market size.

I do think Lawrence should be included in KC, though, since it's pretty damn close.
It works for me.
I'm still not satisfied overall, I do agree I view it as a "Wichita" forum, but to me that incudes everything in KS outside of the metro. I agree with the Topeka/Lawrence folks that they are part of the metro more than Wichita... So I'm still not satisfied with the split.

Holly's point on backpage is well-taken. I think I meant to say "in some cases" where this has clearly been the case, but like I said, I think she's not far off in her remarks.

So overall, I'm not happy they split the area up due to the traffic problems that have arose, and the general loss of the providers focused on clientele retention and development rather than just the ATM seekers of backpage (yes, a generalization, but not far off in Wichita lately), or at least those not interested in much long term interaction or development.

Some KC providers have started coming down here and found that they have a market to tap due to those problems. Awesome

Glad the conversation started.... I think there are lots of problems folks have identified, I was trying to find a silver lining or two, but as in everything, dialogue about a subject is often the best things of all. Thanks for contributing folks and keep it going
Wonder if KC, Kansas goes here or in the Metro?
Give it time. The last time I bothered to nose around these parts there was just tumbleweeds blowin' and crickets chirping; now y'all at least have some respectable traffic as far as ads and reviews.
I like the split. I got tired of going through the KC stuff to find things in the Wichita area. Of course, this could have been resolved by putting an ICT or WIC in the reviews and threads before. Not too many people driving from Wichita to Topeka just to get some action but there has to be room for everyone.
Wonder if KC, Kansas goes here or in the Metro? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
KCK along with anything in JoCo would be part of the Metro.

Topeka/Lawrence/Manhattan, etc are all part of the "and Kansas" side of the Wichita and Kansas forum.