Preferred gift cards for provider payment?

Some providers accept gift cards. Home Depot seems to be frequently mentioned (girls like to fix up, too).

I'll be getting an award in my choice of gift card, and of course it would be nice to use it for some quality companionship. What do providers most prefer? Home Deport, Lowe's, Cabelas (don't laugh - I know some providers. . .), or?

Has to be something that I would reasonably use (no Condom Sense or Sally Beauty).

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
Amex or Visa giftcards are good, but I think there may be a small fee. I have taken a giftcard as payment 1 time, from a trusted client. I felt confident enough I didn't need to check the balance, and I was right. I requested VS simply because I needed new bras in a different size and at $50 each, it was perfect

Home Depot is good, but not everyone owns thier home so some may not go for that. Walmart has pretty much anything you could ever need, as well as target. If you have kids, cards there are awesome.
I agree Walmart, target, kroger, places where everyone needs things from. I dont think i would accept a gift card to a store tho unless it was walmart, or some big general merchanidse store... You should get the visa/master card ones, because you can spend them anywhere.
The ladies would probably appreciate the cards with cash on them. Stick with cash and you do not have to worry about if the card got activated or not.