Hunting Hogs...Texas style!

Disclaimer: If the hunting of wild pigs bothers or offends you...do NOT watch this video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHmYsyVniE
If you have vast stretches of open terrain, obviously effective. Feral hogs have become a tremendous problem in Texas. Nice video.
Would love to do it.
If you have vast stretches of open terrain, obviously effective. Feral hogs have become a tremendous problem in Texas. Nice video.
. Originally Posted by Billy_Saul
Yeah, I had no idea there are over 2 million in Texas alone now! When I read about how much crop damage farmers are suffering, it's no wonder they are letting them be hunted by all means available now.
Would love to do it. Originally Posted by 3Jacklover
I'd definitely be down for that. I'm trying to find out how much the cost is for one of these helicopter hunts.
We are not the only state being over run with them either. It is open season on them, I think it would be a kick ass job to have. They are paying money to get rid of those vermin.
tasty vermin
I love animals but if they are hurting crops then I wouldn't hold it against any farmers to kill them(and hopefully eat them or do something so they don't go to waste). I didn't watch the video though because I don't wanna see it...if it has to happen, fine but I don't wanna watch. Ya know, kinda like how I feel about my parents having sex.
I'm trying to find out how much the cost is for one of these helicopter hunts. Originally Posted by DTorrchia
I saw one reference to an outfit in S. Texas that charges $400 for the experience.
I knew a guy from Australia who worked 6 months out of the year, culling kangaroo. He made enough money each year to "winter" in the US for 6 months.

I would like to be able to do that with hogs, right here!
They taste HORRIBLE! I'm surprised the .223 works so well.
They taste HORRIBLE! I'm surprised the .223 works so well. Originally Posted by austin_voy
I keep hearing different stories on that. Some people love it, some hate it....I myself have not tried wild hog yet. I read somewhere too that it depends on male vs female, what food they've been subsisting on and...believe it or not, whether you shoot them while they are standing still or after you've alerted them. Something about the adrenaline dump making the meat taste different.

Yeah, the shock wave from a .223 is no joke. I've seen some pretty terrible wounds on humans created by that round.

If anyone has any info on the taste and what makes them taste better/worse, I'd like to hear it.