Obama vs. Perry - The Sequel

Just curious...Booth had the same poll back in May. Here, 5 months later with Perry now in the running, let's see if the results are the same.

Fellow posters here have taunted with Obama's current approval rating, but I still contend his low approval does not preclude voting against him given the current candidates. Let's see how it plays out now.
  • Booth
  • 09-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Some are going to vote 3rd party. Not me.
Think should we add a category for third party?
Think should we add a category for third party? Originally Posted by F-Sharp
Might as well, its likely that neither one of these two will be the next POTUS. I will not vote for either Perry or Obama under any circumstances.
Can I delete it and start over, or possibly just edit the poll? I have no idea how.
I have no idea, I am on record as 3rd party for this poll. Call it a "write in". If anyone else wants to vote for a write in we can just keep count on the side.
Mods? Can we delete this one and start over?
  • Booth
  • 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
"Other" would encompass 3rd party and write-in candidates.
If you happen to be one of those that changed your mind since Booth's original poll in May, let us know why you switched sides.
wow, 9-4-1 Perry pulls ahead.
  • ztonk
  • 09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Mods? Can we delete this one and start over? Originally Posted by F-Sharp
I've added a third option to your poll. If you want to have us to close this one so you can start it over again, RTM the poll again.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Thanks Z
Wow... Parry surges ahead. FOX projects he wins ECCIE with 0.05% of the vote in.

Go go go!
If by other/third party that means Ron Paul then I am in. I will vote in the Rep primary but will never vote for Perry or Romney. I live in Texas and hate that Perry is my GOV and DO NOT want him as President. Besides, Rick Perry is just a cheap knockoff of Ron Paul.
Well, the problem is this: A third-party vote is USUALLY a vote that does NOT contribute anything to your desired outcome.

I expect that my vote in November 2012 this time around will be cast on the assumption that getting Barack Hussein Obama *OUT* of the White House is far more important than who replaces him.

The other part of the equation is that the Democrats HAVE to be removed from power in House *AND* Senate.

Full Disclosure: I was one of the 20% or so who voted for Perot in 1992, on the belief that I couldn't vote for Bush and I couldn't vote for Clinton. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have held my nose and voted for Bush.