Providers and HPV

According to the CDC, 70% of all females ages 18 - 45 that have more than 7 sexual partners have HPV (HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS) which can be easiy transfered to males via sex, oral sex or kisses. there is no cure for HPV and can cause warts, throat warts or cervix warts that can be cancerous (second leading cause of death in this age group).
Are providers doing something about it? checkups, or vaccinations or at least telling the guys about if they have this infection?
Now ITS RISKY TO HAVE A BLOWJOB OR EAT PUSSY....SUCKS
Your talking about something that is much less scarier than it sounds

it can be passed on without sexual contact from a mother to a daughter during birth as well I believe.

and with far less partners....
They dont test males for HPV and we all have a 50% chance of having it. The only real risk is hers from the variation that 'could' lead to cervical cancer.

It's as common as a cold. there are 40 variations of it and 90% of them are run out of town by your own immune system. its not like herpes where you get and keep it like luggage. it comes and goes and you will most likely never know you have it or had it.
Everything has its risks.. Be safe as possible!

How can people prevent HPV?
There are several ways that people can lower their chances of getting HPV:

Vaccines can protect males and females against some of the most common types of HPV. These vaccines are given in three shots. It is important to get all three doses to get the best protection. The vaccines are most effective when given before a person's first sexual contact, when he or she could be exposed to HPV.
Girls and women: Two vaccines (Cervarix and Gardasil) are available to protect females against the types of HPV that cause most cervical cancers. One of these vaccines (Gardasil) also protects against most genital warts. Both vaccines are recommended for 11 and 12 year-old girls, and for females 13 through 26 years of age, who did not get any or all of the shots when they were younger. These vaccines can also be given to girls as young as 9 years of age.

More info go to
http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm
if I remember correctly from researching this "scare" years ago when 3 different women in my personal life brought it up (only one was a sexual partner)...... This has turned into a huge diagnostic money maker for medical practitioners.....
They dont test males for HPV and we all have a 50% chance of having it.. Originally Posted by budman33
They can't test males, can they? IRIC, HPV is undetectable in males, unless they have warts or something.
They can't test males, can they? IRIC, HPV is undetectable in males, unless they have warts or something. Originally Posted by WorknMan
I just recently had to take my 11 year old son in for some vaccinations.
One of them, was for HPV. Nowadays, they strongly urge male children to get the vaccination. They say it prevents them from getting genital warts. It caught me off guard, because I've always understood it was a vaccination for females only.

And he's 11! Kids are sexually active earlier these days. So I see it as a jumpstart to protection.

Out of the 5 he got that day, he said that one was the worst. Very painful. And he has to go back for a booster in a few months.

Anybody with boys, should probably ask their doctors about it.

Alisha ...xoxo
Oh and I dunno how factual this info is but the Dr. at planned parenthood said you can still get the hpv vaccine even if you aren't in the recommended age range and the only reason they give an age range is that's the group they tested it on when doing the trials. She said it's a series of shots and they cost around 700 bucks, if you're not in the age range suggested then maybe it will help maybe not but it won't hurt anything but your wallet so you might as well get it. I dunno how true that is though.
  • BFE
  • 06-15-2011, 10:34 PM
TexasTX, no offense but your previous post was about "oral sex linked to cancer in men". Out of 4 posts, 2 are some sort of scandalous warning.

I wonder if, maybe, just maybe, you're just here pursuing some agenda or something?
Gardasil is killing people. Please do some research before giving your children this poison or getting vaccinated yourself.
I wouldnt worry about it.
That's a bold statement...would you be so kind as to provide links to the info that has led you to this view point? My life's pretty ok and I really don't want to die.

Gardasil is killing people. Please do some research before giving your children this poison or getting vaccinated yourself. Originally Posted by new_to_this
Hey Rob, no agenda here. Its just that I love DATY and when its considered "risky behaviour" ..that concerns me. Just trying to pass along some information that was new to me.
Funny how some people are presented with scientific facts and still try to dismiss them as "having an agenda". Good luck
I wouldnt worry about it. Originally Posted by CrazyTrini85
Hi Humpty
Yikes