How is Cowgirls dad doing?

Cowgirl posted 2 days ago asking for help to go see her dad in Houston who had been rushed to the hospital.

She wasn't very receptive to my input on how to get to Houston (called me a jerk for researching bus ticket prices for her and then computing how much gas money she would need after she said she had a car). IceAngel offered to buy her a bus ticket or fill her tank with gas!

That thread has since been deleted, not sure why. Hope she got to Houston to see him!

I lost my dad last year and sure miss him.
My father has passed away , I'm very sorry I was being rude. It just felt like you were just trying to pick .
I am sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you.

SF
So sorry for you loss.
Thank you very much the condolences mean alot . I am back and needing to work to get my mind back in the game . My father is and was very special to me . But as you know the military only covers so much. So if you have the time I'm available
My condolences to you and your family for your loss.
Thank you sir. I don't think it had fully hit me yet
so sorry for your loss...hugs to you!
Sorry for your loss. Sweete
military not covering all?

I have always been lead to believe that we take care of our own
Mr nerdy ,
They have given us the choice . They will either pay for the headstone or a casket. Which I think is pure bs . They said he will have a 21 gun salute and a U.S flag will be drapped over the casket but that they rest of the service is our financial responsibility
I am sorry it's a choice between a headstone , or a plot
Many choose cremation and internment in an urn at a national cemetery vault.

Practically no cost to family.
I'm checking into that in the morning.