Super Bowl Ads

Really?
Originally Posted by Bella_HHD
well im trying not to lie
The first classic one from super bowls; i think it started it all. Originally Posted by discreetgent
The Granddaddy of them all.
The first classic one from super bowls; i think it started it all. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Wow ... that was really creepy. In a cool sort of way.

Y'all remember the one where Christopher Reeve got up and walked? That one actually gave me nightmare.

I am a big fan of funny.
i did think the green police ad could be an eerie police state of the future
And this was a year later:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYP1Tjgt1Ao"]YouTube- Apple - Lemmings[/ame]
the Doritos dog collar (I need one of those for sessions...hee hee hee). Originally Posted by babee
Pleeze get it for me......pleeze
Betty White and the Doritos dog collar (I need one of those for sessions...hee hee hee).

Fail year for Bud. Originally Posted by babee
Absolute fail.

Did like the dog collar one a bit though (BigD says he doesn't need one - we'll see, lol).

Also the chickens? HI larious when they screamed, I thought.
the superbowl ads were very weak in my opinion. the doritos one, when it played, i turned to some friends and said that i thought it was terrible....

my reaction to it was that it was reinforcing sterotypes our society doesnt need reinforcing and so it was the worst of the lot....it intimated that another street wise fatherless black kid was sassy beyond his years and another unmarried black mother had one more boy friend of the month who was soon to father another soon to be fatherless kid...why couldnt there just be a wholesome black mom and dad and child thing? maybe its just me but i think doritos blew it big time Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Until you mentioned it I really didn't even see black actors. I saw a cute little kid, a MILF, and a guy looking for some; not colors.

Now that you mentioned it, did you notice that Coach Jim Caldwell of the Colts is black? One thing I was thankful for yesterday (and the weeks preceding the game) is we weren't subjected to all kinds of stories about the color of his skin and the fact that he was coaching in a Super Bowl. Three years ago that is all we heard when his (black) predecessor (Tony Dungy) faced another black coach, Lovie Smith. To a lesser extent, we heard it last year with Mike Tomlin, but the bigger story was how young (33) he was. I consider the Jim Caldwell non-story progress.

Likewise, I think it is progress that a major advertiser would cast blacks in what could be precieved as risque roles is a sign of progress as well. Surely if they thought it would spark a big race controversy I doubt they would have done it.
[ ... ]

BTW Bella, that Fedex commercial is a classic. Originally Posted by pjorourke
To quote my daughter: "I know, RIGHT?"

I actually used to have that file saved on my computer, so that I could watch it whenever I wanted to.

Four years and it never fails to crack me up.
I find the term "bitch slap" very unfortunate. It implies that a woman might deserve it and that it is acceptable. Originally Posted by oden
It means to slap like a woman verses do the deed "right" and punch like a man. No women don't deserve to be hit. Neither do men. No one does. Maybe not even the guy on the date with the kid's mom.