For the Guys..

• PeAcH
  • 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
I was wondering, do you guys like gifts from providers?

Often I bake, and if I have an appointment or appointments, I usually save enough goodies for my guys that are coming up to see me.

I recently made red velvet cheesecake brownies for a client's birthday recently. Is that too much?

Do you think it's creepy, or weird if your ATF or even a new provider you haven't seen before to give you a gift, or home made sweets?

I love to give, so I love sharing the things that I love, I love to draw too, and I'm wondering if a drawn gift to a guy would be too weird? Along with offering sweets for a guy to take home also?

What are your thoughts? On gifts of any kind from a provider to you?
Stick with the edible gifts. Cards, drawings, expensive cologne, books of poetry, etc., can be hard to explain.
I give gifts on special clients to my regulars.............like a magazine{Cowboys & indians or Rolling Stone}/candy kisses/a tshirt or a special gift geared to their personality..........I have a client in houston who i brought a new orleans saints tie to.

Last week I had a birthday guy...so I went to party city and picked themed decorations......pirates!..... ...I had black balloons,a treasure map,streamers,and skull banner.......I even had a special pirate cup for his drink{which he took home}
I also had him a special birthday cupcake made!
I wouldn't find an edible treat from you creepy at all, but from some providers, it might be. I'm thinking the kind of incalls where you don't want to take off your shoes, due to how unclean the place is.

More than two or three cookies, a cake, or physical item might be difficult to keep for someone with a SO.

I love to give, so I love sharing the things that I love, I love to draw too, and I'm wondering if a drawn gift to a guy would be too weird? Along with offering sweets for a guy to take home also?

Originally Posted by PeAcH
I give gifts on special clients to my regulars.............like a magazine{Cowboys & indians or Rolling Stone}/candy kisses/a tshirt or a special gift geared to their personality..........I have a client in houston who i brought a new orleans saints tie to.

Last week I had a birthday guy...so I went to party city and picked themed decorations......pirates!..... ...I had black balloons,a treasure map,streamers,and skull banner.......I even had a special pirate cup for his drink{which he took home}
I also had him a special birthday cupcake made! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Who doesn't like gifts?

And, though the two of you approach it differently, I like both approaches. Giving someone something that you love is deep. It's like giving a piece of yourself to someone. Peach, I'm sure a guy would be happy to receive one of your drawings. And, giving someone something they love is deep as well. It shows that you see them. I can't imagine how happy that "pirate" must have been, DallasRain.

Kudos to the both of you.
I thought the guys were the ones supposed to provide gifts. Guess I'm seeing the wrong providers. lol
I've never had that some before - but it's very sweet !!
I loved the homemade Banana Bread that one time. Thanks Peach for thinking outside the box.
Did someone say Red Velvet Chesecake Brownies!!!!

Someone clear traffic and I am on final approach, Peach! lol

Thats not weird or strange at all; I tend to be a "gifty" person myself, I guess maybe its the "Southern Gentleman" that comes out in me; I enjoy bringing a little gift of something to a Lady; one Lady in particular I loved to cook for and I make a killer salsa too!

As far as gifts from a provider, I have met a few in my travels that would give a gift of baked goods or trading recipes since they knew I loved to cook and bake also.

But I am a single guy, so I had no one to have to explain anything to..

Any type of material gift such as a drawing, etc. may compromise someone who has an SO.

Damn...now I am starving for Brownies!!
  • PeAcH
  • 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM
I loved the homemade Banana Bread that one time. Thanks Peach for thinking outside the box. Originally Posted by Michael_Loomis
I'm happy you enjoyed it! My banana bread goes so quickly! I hardly ever get a piece for myself!

I appreciate the feedback, I think I would give a drawing to someone I've seen a lot, or for a very special occasion.. art inspired gifts can't really be forced anyways.. plus, baking is much easier and tends to go over much better!

I aim to please! Seeing others happy brings me happiness.

I recently made red velvet cheesecake brownies for a client's birthday recently. Is that too much?

Do you think it's creepy, or weird if your ATF or even a new provider you haven't seen before to give you a gift, or home made sweets?

Hey I had no complaints @ all!!! I seriously could not have asked for a better B-day session. Those red velvet brownies were delicious just so you know. they didn't last 24hrs, my only complaint was that I had to run an extra day to work those off. I certainly did not find it weird at all, I thought it was really cool actually. even if it was our first meeting I still wouldn't have found it creepy or anything.
I don't think there's anything wrong with baking something for a client, you enjoy what you do and it shows not only in your cooking, but also in your TCB & BCD, and from what I've seen personally that's not very common.
PeAcH

I really liked it when you gave me cookies to take along. It helps
remind me of our time together.I think it is a nice little touch.

I have seen my share of providers and only one has given me a gift (it was kinda a Asian washcloth/loofah combo thing. It was not expensive but it worked very well and I appreciated the gesture).

Often I bake, and if I have an appointment or appointments, I usually save enough goodies for my guys that are coming up to see me.

I think that baked goods or treats are a very sweet (no pun intended) gesture.

Red Velvet cheesecake brownies sound delicious, positively decadent.
That is a dessert that just gets better with every word.
Red velvet is my favorite type of cake, cheesecake, who doesn't love cheesecake and ditto for brownies.

I think that I need to come see you sometime when you make a batch of these.
I do not think that is too much but I can't speak for others.

I think a lot of hobbyists would be rather surprised by this and may find it unusual or possibly weird because it is so unexpected and unprecedented.

Physical (permanent) gifts, like drawings, can be hard to explain if the recipient is married or has a GF.

Most clients do their best to keep their hobby adventures as hidden or UTR as possible.

Such physical gifts, as well intentioned as they may be, are a kind of potentially incriminating evidence that can be difficult to explain away and thus may not be as practical or as warmly received as you might want them to be.

I would suggest sticking with the edible (temporary) treats as gifts.

But do not be surprised or hurt if they decline to accept.
I have never met you be my perception of you is that you are more sweet then you are weird (okay you may be a little weird i.e the tattoo's, piercings but not in a really creepy way).
You sound like a giving person and well intentioned by your nature I think that is something to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of.

Peach, be you, be genuine, let others think what they will and make no apologies for who you really are or what you do.

BTW, I like sweets and I like peaches.
  • PeAcH
  • 11-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I completely understand the physical gifts like drawings and such, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Like I said, I've never done it, I will stick with my baked treats and truffles.

I was thinking on it for a while now, I was wondering if I was over stepping my boundaries, or if it was just too much, or might be thought of as too clingy.. the feedback helps tremendously!

I know the holidays are coming up, so I am wanting to try new recipes and do some wintery themed treats and goodies. I'm glad to know these treats are more welcomed than I originally thought! Makes my day!

*gets back into the kitchen*
  • PeAcH
  • 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
My oatmeal cookies with decorative icing..

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies..

Valentines Day cookies!

My Banana Bread

German Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting

My famous rainbow cupcakes.. they match my makeup!

I love taking pictures of my creations!
I hope you enjoy them as well,