?

I recently received a 1,000.00 check for helping a guy sell a couple of pieces of machinery. I managed to get to the post office before my SO. Otherwise she would have confiscated it. Of course I'm going to spend it on the hobby. I'm sure there are people here more in the know about this kind of thing. Will I have to pay income tax on that 1,000.00?
pay tax yes n no

any paper work sayin ya got it ?

ok girls, PM cycbals to get your share of that play cash before another hooker err ops LADY get your share.

ask in this ThreAD I'll help shame him into doing ya
i have some property and bridges to invest in.
I think like 500.00 but if check is in your name and not in business name...
Ok it depends if it's a personal or business check. If it's a personal check go and cash it. Do not deposit it. If it's a business check expect a tax form at the end of the year.
I recently received a 1,000.00 check for helping a guy sell a couple of pieces of machinery. I managed to get to the post office before my SO. Otherwise she would have confiscated it. Of course I'm going to spend it on the hobby. I'm sure there are people here more in the know about this kind of thing. Will I have to pay income tax on that 1,000.00? Originally Posted by cymbals
ifs ...yer life truly be ...as ...grim as that post done ...seems yer ...plastic man ...does done suggest a trip ta south ...africa ta swims withs the great white ...sharks buts in yer case choose nots ta use a cage
hahahahhaha

that's some funny shet
IRS doesn't look at anything less than $3,000, more than that, they take note. Unless you have other sources of income that will raise flags, it'll be up to you.
cash is king ?
I guess I'll just cash it. I'm so pleased the wife didn't get her hands on it!! She would have ruined my fun $!
I guess I'll just cash it. I'm so pleased the wife didn't get her hands on it!! She would have ruined my fun $! Originally Posted by cymbals
btw: what would she have done with it?

and

don't blow it all on 1 or 2 hooks
btw: what would she have done with it?

and

don't blow it all on 1 or 2 hooks Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
She would have put it toward bills. I'm going to be careful with it!
Cash it and take all your hobby buds out for beer!
She would have put it toward bills. I'm going to be careful with it! Originally Posted by cymbals
a few would be ok

but save some for...

Cash it and take all your hobby buds out for beer! Originally Posted by ben dover
.... for this please and thank you
but back to bills to pay
the hobby phone. if throw away buy more time. But not to much in case need ta throw...
the she took a something from that notel.
hobby gas
etc
ya the shit wife has ya hope no idea of
I guess I'll just cash it. I'm so pleased the wife didn't get her hands on it!! She would have ruined my fun $! Originally Posted by cymbals
Unless the individual that sent you a check has your ss# or ein# you can not be taxed unless you get audited. Wait until mid feb to file. If you don’t receive a 1099 don’t claim it