Masking Dancer Names... Or Not?

It used to be a rule that only one letter of a dancer's name was allowed if extras were mentioned, but some people seem to be ignoring that now. OTOH, I see that the sticky that stated that rule, along with other items such as what constituted extras, is no longer posted. Anyone know if it's still a rule? I would think so, but under the new setup a lot of rules seem to be in flux.
Good question!
Whether it is Hollister you're not, common sense and discretion strongly suggest that it should be done. The managers at these places have to know what is going on, but as long as names are not being used, there is at least some plausible deniability.
on the other hand, SL, if ECCIE allows the full name to be posted, there is plausible deniability.. "masking" the name makes it look like someone's hiding something.

which begs the question.. are we paying for a legal lap dance, where we got a little too frisky? or paying for something illegal from the start?
SL, agreed.
Discretion is the name of the game. The more, the better. For everyone involved.
on the other hand, SL, if ECCIE allows the full name to be posted, there is plausible deniability.. "masking" the name makes it look like someone's hiding something.

which begs the question.. are we paying for a legal lap dance, where we got a little too frisky? or paying for something illegal from the start? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Agree with SL - the masking is a must. I can see where it could be viewed as hiding, but it could also be viewed as: Discretion and Fantasy.

Unless the dancer gives permission - which I highly doubt - it's not right to out the entertainer and her dance activities. That is where discretion comes into play.

And for some, there is an bit of embellishment in the writes ups. Fantasy. May have happened, might not.

Masking the name prevents those unfamiliar with the strip club culture and those without game from wreaking havoc by seeking our the entertainers causing them to shut down what play currently happens.
Back before the shut down in April, to get a SC review approved, you did have to mask the stripper name, but also in the format, you had to put what shift she worked and a detailed physical description which any dummy could figure out who the dancer is. I use to do SC reviews, but when I found out a couple of guys from here sought out the dancers I reviewed and even put that they did so under the reviews, I immediately quit doing them.

Under this new encounter format, the only thing that is different is no line for day/night shift and I think the rule on explicit detailed physical description has been curbed from to be so detailed to get approval.
Agree with SL - the masking is a must. I can see where it could be viewed as hiding, but it could also be viewed as: Discretion and Fantasy.

Unless the dancer gives permission - which I highly doubt - it's not right to out the entertainer and her dance activities. That is where discretion comes into play.

And for some, there is an bit of embellishment in the writes ups. Fantasy. May have happened, might not.

Masking the name prevents those unfamiliar with the strip club culture and those without game from wreaking havoc by seeking our the entertainers causing them to shut down what play currently happens. Originally Posted by Ted E. Bear
I agree masking is important.. I was playing Devil's Advocate.. not that I'm in league with Satan, I just like looking through his lens sometimes. makes me feel rebellious
I posted recently and used some full names and descriptions. I thought it was understood that any public responses would need to avoid any discussion of extras. I think that’s how it’s always been or at least supposed to be.
I think those of us who have been around here for a while understand and generally try to follow the masking rules the way they used to be posted. But they don't seem to be posted any more, and if they aren't being enforced the newer guys won't learn. Even back before the shutdown, when staff wasn't as swamped as they seem to be now, I RTM'd a few where names were improperly exposed and only about half of them got corrected.
Good points, all. But if names are masked, then be sure to identify whether she was on dayshift, or nightshift, or midshift. It would also help to know what days of the week they work, if known. I realize their schedules are fluid, but the reader needs some information in order to see for himself in a later visit.
Yeah it's pretty annoying I have no idea who names are like D******* S******* H******** I dont even bother to make out the names especially when there are 50 of them there and new faces every visit.
Yeah it's pretty annoying I have no idea who names are like D******* S******* H******** I dont even bother to make out the names especially when there are 50 of them there and new faces every visit. Originally Posted by Handsome Nashville
If you focus on 1 club and 1 shift, or at least have a decent memory and know how SC's work, it's not that hard. You've got what the name starts with, what club, and a physical description. That's more than enough..
If you focus on 1 club and 1 shift, or at least have a decent memory and know how SC's work, it's not that hard. You've got what the name starts with, what club, and a physical description. That's more than enough.. Originally Posted by blackmaleindallas
Which brings me to a question I've been pondering a little lately: What exactly are we accomplishing by following this convention? I've walked into clubs recently and, either based on memory or with my phone in hand, been able to develop a target list.

Even if you accept the notion that you don't want to paint a target on her back for club management or LE by naming her, by the time you point out hair color and length, height, breast size and whether they are natural or not, approximate height, ethnicity and tattoos, then throw in the first letter of her stage name and tell me how many letters there are remaining, it's almost impossible not to be able to match that up with the girl if she's in the club. With that much detail, plausible deniability goes out the window.

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet, but why do we play this game?