Apparently, Firemen have to be armed too....

Couple of firemen shot to death, and several others wounded as well, while responding to a 911 call to put out a fire. Reports seem to indicate that the shooter was using an AR-15 Bushmaster, same gun the Lanza kid used to shoot the 6 year olds.

So, now....in addition to providing armed security in every single school in the United States, we'll be needing to provide guards for our firemen as well every time they respond to a fire call.

God bless that 2nd Amendment.

ExNYer? Sorry if you think my questions are silly, or if this is an affront to you for even bringing it up because I'm such a silly dumbass. But, WTF?

We accept this? Business as usual? The price of liberty? Dead 6 year olds? Dead firemen responding to a fire emergency?

Give me some antidotes man. Don't tell me you can accept this as the price of doing business so you and the rest of the paranoids can feel safe. Come on. Educate me, and the parents of those 6 year olds, and the families of these dead firemen. I know how you hate to have to answer direct questions because the Socratic method fucks you all up....but hey. Give it a try.
Serious question, Tim. What law do you think would have prevented this, and the other tragedies at Newtown and Aurora?
Tards have been shooting firemen for years. That is why the police generally show up first to secure the area for the firemen and provide security for them. Where were the cops in NY?
Timpage you sound a sincere as an alligator. I strongly suggest you do some research on firemen being ambushed in Kansas City over the years which included one time with a .50 caliber rifle and another time with high explosives. You may actually become intelligent.
Arm everybody. Then give lessons in not shitting yourself in the face of danger. Mandatory lessons. paid for with the tax dollars we save by dissolving the military and killing the rich.
firemen should frag the home then hook up their hoses...
Tards have been shooting firemen for years. That is why the police generally show up first to secure the area for the firemen and provide security for them. Originally Posted by pyramider
Actually, police show up to keep crowds back, and because of the potential of arson and the need to secure the crime scene. But I am in agreement with you that the policy ought to be for police to respond to any structure fire regardless of the reason for it.
  • WTF
  • 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Arm everybody. Then give lessons in not shitting yourself in the face of danger. Mandatory lessons. paid for with the tax dollars we save by dissolving the military and killing the rich. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Serious question, Tim. What law do you think would have prevented this, and the other tragedies at Newtown and Aurora? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Oh, I dunno. Make sure that guys like this lunatic who beat his grandmother to death with a hammer when he was younger can't get his hands on an assault rifle.

Sound like a plan?
How do we do that, Tim? I'm in favor of that, too. I'm just not sure the best way to go about it. That's why I'm asking. It's a serious question. I know you don't expect that from me, but that is why I am calling you Tim. I know you are sincere on this one, and I just want to know what you would support to ensure that this doesn't happen again.
  • CJ7
  • 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
How do we do that, Tim? I'm in favor of that, too. I'm just not sure the best way to go about it. That's why I'm asking. It's a serious question. I know you don't expect that from me, but that is why I am calling you Tim. I know you are sincere on this one, and I just want to know what you would support to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
in his case, keep his ass behind bars until hes too old to pull a trigger much less swing another hammer ... for the question itself, theres no way to quell the idiots when they wig out and kill cops, kids or firemen .. but if they do, and live long enough to be captured and convicted, a lethal injection 30 minutes after the trial is over not only sends a message, but insures they never get another chance to repeat another killing ..
How do we do that, Tim? I'm in favor of that, too. I'm just not sure the best way to go about it. That's why I'm asking. It's a serious question. I know you don't expect that from me, but that is why I am calling you Tim. I know you are sincere on this one, and I just want to know what you would support to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I wish I knew. I know that doing nothing won't prevent it from happening again. I know that saying we just can't do anything won't prevent it from happening again. Isn't there some way we can keep crazy people like this guy who shot these firemen from having access to assault rifles? Or, have we just reached the point where we say "Oh well, this is the cost of sending firefighters to fight fires....they might get shot by a psycho with an AR15. Good luck to the firefighters."

That's insane.

We've got to limit access to guns from folks who have previously exhibited crazy tendencies. Right? Does that seem unreasonable? Can we not fashion some sort of law that accomplishes that? Or do we just say "No, we all get whatever kinds of guns we want in the event that the boogyman government, or the boogyman criminal, might come after us?"

I dunno COG. As I've previously stated, I'm a gun person. I have guns. Lots of them. I carry a gun per a CHL on a daily basis. But, these dead 6 year olds and now dead firemen. I just can't understand it. We've got to do something.
I guess I'm with you on this one, Tim. I don't know either. If I come up with something, I'll let you know. I don't own a gun, never have. I didn't want one with kids around, because if I let down my guard and didn't secure it even once, I knew I'd pay. I just didn't want to take the risk. Now that they're grown, we have grandkids visiting. I know how to shoot, and enjoy shooting sports, I just don't own my own gun.

I support the right of law-abiding people owning people owning guns, but goddammit, don't give access to lunatics!

I guess the police have arrested someone who gave the firemen shooter his gun. The shooter wasn't allowed to have one, but apparently he left a suicide note that named his supplier. The person who gave him the gun should get the same sentence as the shooter would have gotten if he had lived.
Ironically a lot of gun grabbers have armed security and their own weapons (Feinstein, Biden, Rowan, etc). What is good for me is not good for thee.