Whiskers chafes my crack so he should be banned

Okay, now that I've gotten your attention, I'd like to say a couple of things right off:

1. I don't think that anyone should necessarily be banned, least of all this imaginary board member named "Whiskers" that I've made up.

2. Maybe there should be a maximum length to the character and title size of threads on CCIE to prevent people from monopolizing the airwaves by spewing on and on without really saying anything.

3. Organize your thoughts. Great leaders do not bloviate endlessly. Eventually the bloviation of lesser leaders always ceases.

4. My mouse only has a limited number of clicks in its MLTBF (max lifetime before failure). Please treat it accordingly when you compose messages.

Thanks, Oz
2. Maybe there should be a maximum length to the character and title size of threads on ECCIE to prevent people from monopolizing the airwaves by spewing on and on without really saying anything. Originally Posted by ozmosys
There I fixed that for you , wouldn't want to look foolish after talking smack in Whispers thread about his spelling .

After all there's nothing called CCIE to my knowledge .
There I fixed that for you , wouldn't want to look foolish after talking smack in Whispers thread about his spelling .

After all there's nothing called CCIE to my knowledge . Originally Posted by The Rover
LMAO!

Have we met Rover? Better be careful or you will get lumped into that imaginary Attack Pack! Especially fitting with "Rover" as a name!
So I dropped an E. At least I didn't call anyone "week-minded". AND, I kept it short.
Well said OZ! Some of these guys just don't know when to stop posting!
Some of these guys just don't know when to stop posting! Originally Posted by Still Looking

586 days..... 13,342 posts......

Not a Bad Performance!

and what a review count!

You do seem to be slowing down though.....

It has been good seeing some of your recent posts though. The magic finally wore off and exposed the ugly side to you!
3. Organize your thoughts. Great leaders do not bloviate endlessly. Eventually the bloviation of lesser leaders always ceases. Originally Posted by ozmosys
That is an interesting word.

Only one other poster has ever used it in the Austin Forums in the past ane he used it three times.....
It's a word. You don't have to search CCIE. You can Google it.
  • kSoze
  • 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM
That is an interesting word.
Only one other poster has ever used it in the Austin Forums in the past ane he used it three times..... Originally Posted by Whispers
Oh GAWWAD! I feel an ignorant assumption coming.
It is an unusual choice of word though .
  • Qziz
  • 10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
It's a perfectly cromulent word.
hell! i think i had a provider "bloviate" me last night. NQNS, BABY!!!
hell! i think i had a provider "bloviate" me last night. NQNS, BABY!!! Originally Posted by knotty man
I hope that it was on the menu, or else Whiskers might think that it's immoral. He is, after all, universally known as the gold standard for morality, no?
I find most on these boards to be nihilarians, which makes them most prone to being quite inaniloquent
Okay, now that I've gotten your attention, I'd like to say a couple of things right off:

1. I don't think that anyone should necessarily be banned, least of all this imaginary board member named "Whiskers" that I've made up. Originally Posted by ozmosys
Except that you've already called Whispers Whiskers in a past thread.

2. Maybe there should be a maximum length to the character and title size of threads on CCIE to prevent people from monopolizing the airwaves by spewing on and on without really saying anything.
In certain electronic organization skills courses and methods, using the titles/subject of forums posts/email messages to convey as much of the thought and subject of the message is considered a good practice. People tend to get the jist of the message and can decide to open or not, just as on ECCIE, people can see the topic in detail and decide to open or contribute to that thread.

3. Organize your thoughts. Great leaders do not bloviate endlessly. Eventually the bloviation of lesser leaders always ceases.

4. My mouse only has a limited number of clicks in its MLTBF (max lifetime before failure). Please treat it accordingly when you compose messages.

Thanks, Oz
No such thing as MLTBF. Such a thing would would imply a hard set limits at which a product would fail, and more than likely would be designed or programmed that way. I think what you are referring to is MTBF (mean time between failures) or sometimes, MTTF (mean time to failure). This is a meaningful stat that can be calculated from average failure rates of a product.

Also, as stated above, the long titles that give you a better idea of what the thread is about should save you some clicks of the mouse. I'm not sure how a long thread title contributes to your mouse wear and tear. Is a long thread title an irresistible draw that you can't help but click on?