Free calling calling and texting apps

Two days ago i got a smartphone as a gift i downloaded a free calling and texting app i was wondering is there any free apps for calling/texting anyone else uses or would recommend.
Google voice is great.
Burner
Talkatone is great for anon calling and texting, IF you can find wifi hotspots on your travel route.

Most, like Burner, still show the calls and texts on your phone bill, so if someone else is checking them...
I like Google voice because the app can be uninstalled and reinstalled as needed. It deletes associated calls/texts when you delete the app.

It's pretty difficult to explain an extra phone if it's ever found by the wrong person.
I like Google voice because the app can be uninstalled and reinstalled as needed. It deletes associated calls/texts when you delete the app.

It's pretty difficult to explain an extra phone if it's ever found by the wrong person. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I love Google voice because you can use it on the computer. And you can use it on your phone anon you sly without an app as well.
Thanks techone i like Talkatone and i'm always near wifi the area i live in has it everywhere. But thanks to all that comments