So lets say a lady might be visiting Fort Worth....

Lets say a lady might be visiting Fort Worth for the first time in a LONG time...

Lets say said lady prefers to book her hotels via Priceline.

What areas should said lady AVOID when booking via Priceline? (Assuming, of course, that nothing under 3 star is acceptable).

I really don't know the Tarrant side of town as well... I know the North/Beach area is a biznitch thanks to all the road work, but beyond that... I am clueless....
I heard a rumor North Beach construction is done. Meacham and 35 isn't bad. Avoid south of downtown, avoid west of downtown, avoid east of downtown too. Northeast Mall area has quite a few choices and with your screening is hobby friendly.
What about Forest Hills? Seems to be a bit of a "no mans land" between Ft. Worth and Arlington...
  • selot
  • 04-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Sent you a PM Grace
I don't know much about the area. Seems ladies are always stayIng NE Mall, Beach and 35 or Meacham and 35.
Grace!!!
Just get over here!
Mecachum and 35 would be the most central for us
Forest Hills is the south end and a little more "low rent" but they have some convient national hotel chains.

Let me know when you know that you will be here so I can modify my job so I can see ya!
What sparrow says about forest hills low rent district !!!!
My Grandmother taught me birds flock together. Eagles have their space to care for their own. Bluebirds are rare but to be be loved. Hawks always hovering to kill. Buzzards always below for what falls defenceless. Doves in and about, undecided.

You just need the place to nest.

A fly past any location will tell a smart bird where to roost.

I sense by your history, you are a smart bird but perhaps low flyby power has you seeking advice here.. I suggest supplements to increase that power again.
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time to make a fly-by... plus in my general travels, Priceline is this fine-feathered-girls friend.

Tis more of a question of convenience for the flock as opposed to anything else. Hard to find yourself in a snake pit if you stick to the higher star locations
Meacham & 35 is very convenient. There are also some nicer & newer hotels at I30 & Forest Park (south side of that intersection).
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time to make a fly-by... plus in my general travels, Priceline is this fine-feathered-girls friend.

Tis more of a question of convenience for the flock as opposed to anything else. Hard to find yourself in a snake pit if you stick to the higher star locations Originally Posted by GracePreston

Just get over here so I can see you Grace.....35/meachum would be perfect for me...
Dont forget the mid cities area of Fort Worth/East Fort Worth!
I do love the mid-cities... but I think this time I may be leaning heavily towards downtown.... or Meachum.... we shall see soon.
  • selot
  • 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
I do love the mid-cities... but I think this time I may be leaning heavily towards downtown.... or Meachum.... we shall see soon. Originally Posted by GracePreston
The OMNI in DT FW is very nice. Fairly easy to get to and they have valet parking for the guys that want to come and visit.
I'd definitely be interested if you manage to make your way downtown or east. Along that corridor, the choices of nice hotels are probably better if you stick close to downtown.