"I'm going to get the oil changed"

Today was change-the-oil in the car day. Based on a coupon I had, I took it to a place in southwest Fort Worth, where I was told it would be ready in an hour or so. Not having anything better to do, I went to the breastaurant next door, ordered a Pepsi, and watched the scenery.

While entertaining lascivious thoughts about the comely young lasses, I started thinking:
  1. Car maintenance is one of the few times I get to disappear for a while.
  2. If the standard oil change doesn't take an hour because of backlog, I can always say it did.
  3. Or, the service technician can find something else that needs to be addressed -- power steering flush, for example, thereby creating the need for me to be away for a while longer.
  4. There's an extended-stay motel right next door.
  5. It would be a hell of a lot more fun to be doing the things I was thinking about doing than merely fantasizing about them.
Doh!

Taking advantage of such an opportunity would depend on me knowing that a provider had set up an incall at that particular spot. That's pretty unlikely -- unless she recognizes the same potential that I did and lets it be known that she's catering to guys who want to get "lubed" while their car is getting its oil changed.

I know it's out of the box, that providers are loathe to alter their business model, and that I haven't thought of all the possibilities or drawbacks. Consider it a brainstorming idea.
First, I am not married and I change my own oil since it is faster and easier, so this concept has no advantage for me. Now, I think it is a great idea for a provider and many hobbyests. The provider can have her normal incall business as well as providing "convenience" services.

There are challenges. The lady will need to be creative in how she promotes her service. She obviously can not advertise her exact incall location.

I appreciate "out of the box" thinking to create improved productivity. Not just in the hobby, but also in all business. And in life. Best of luck.

Torito
just ask your fav provider to meet you at the motel near the oil change place.
yes, it wont be spur of th emoment - you have to set it up.
so set up the appt then the oil change appt.
Ahehehe.

I can see backpage ads across the nation ....

Come see me at blah blah blah, conveintally located at blah blah hotel, landmark: Midas.

Im just saying, there are some creative ads on Bp.

Well thanks to your thread, I won't look at a Midas, or an oil change shop the same again. Lmao!!!!!!!!!!
pmdelites and I were thinking along the same lines. Instead of incall, why don't you get a room and do an outcall?

LAGNAF!!!!!
Considered this as my handle, but found too many people had no idea what it meant. In a sense it's what we're all here for.
No real reason, except I don't have a favorite provider who works in that area, and I occasionally try to think of ways that ladies could make it easier to schedule appointments with clients like me, who are geographically and temporally constrained.
WIFE: "Did you get the oil changed, honey?"
HUSBAND: "Yes, dear."
WIFE: "How many quarts did it need?"
HUSBAND: "I'm not sure. But my dipstick got a little bent-up from using it today."
WIFE: "That's nice, honey. Now take out the trash."
HUSBAND: "Yes, dear."
Wife to next door neighbor: "Bob says the new cars require oil changes ever 200 miles to protect the engine."
or...

"Bob use to do all the oil changes himself, saying he didn't trust those "kids" to change his oil and eff up the whole engine.

But now, that car needs all kinds of work done lately - and not a lick of it has he done himself! Silly man! Men and their cars."
I had my ATF pick me up at my Lube place before, on my lunchbreak. We drove through a carwash and had some 'BnG' fun! He dropped me just in time to pickup my car & get back to my job...I love getting the oil changed!!
talk about service with a smile!!!

hmmmmm, you know my car needs a car wash, cum to think of it.
Yep, there's quite a few potential "dipstick," "lube job," "compression check," da dada da da jokes in this one, all right! LOL!
Actually I have to take my car all the way to Irving for an oil change at the dealership I bought it from, so it pretty much gives me a day pass. Poor single bastards have no idea! Although I do like the Scenery at the Hooters, not sure I wanna let NTB do my oil change!
Why not get you oil changed in the car while your car is getting its oil changed? Its a natural . . .
I seriously need my oil changed