So I had a bad time with a provider...cost me $2500...

What should I do?

Litigate? (TTH, what's your number?)

Try to reach a reasonable resolution with the other party?

If a 3rd party offers a "free session" take it?

Chalk it up to experience and move on, pissed off as I am?

or some combination of the above?
Define "Bad Time". Did she show up along with Aunt Flo? Bad chemistry? Or plain good old fashion no touchy, no feely, nonboink $2,500 rip-off?
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2010, 07:12 AM
?

If a 3rd party offers a "free session" take it?

? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
That's my vote!

...Depending on the party of course.

Offered with all the civility my heart could muster

Define "Bad Time". Did she show up along with Aunt Flo? Bad chemistry? Or plain good old fashion no touchy, no feely, nonboink $2,500 rip-off? Originally Posted by Hercules
Damn Herc...a bad time is a bad time! Me thinks this is a hypo
A real bug up your ass about this photographer thing, huh?

As to the question:

I imagine that litigating could be a challenge unless you can convince a judge it was just for companionship

How about option 4: a report to the BBB aka a review board and backchannel chatter.

Amusing start to the morning.

. Originally Posted by discreetgent
no, just idiots that think lawyers are the answer to everything....

again, $2500....
Sorry that happened to you. What exactly do you mean "if a third party offers to make up for it" or something along those lines?

Did you use an agency?

Curious.
Elisabeth
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry that happened to you. What exactly do you mean "if a third party offers to make up for it" or something along those lines?

Did you use an agency?

Curious.
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Elisabeth
I think he used his hand....

How about option 4: a report to the BBB aka a review board and backchannel chatter.

. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Holy crap....we are the BBB. It has now became a he said, she said. Opp's make that a she said, she said.

Which makes it much like a review. I thought ladies in this section did not care for that kinda thing.

no, just idiots that think lawyers are the answer to everything....

again, $2500.... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Originally Posted by discreetgent
Ok then, a bug up your ass about this lawyer thing.

Which makes it much like a review. I thought ladies in this section did not care for that kinda thing. Originally Posted by WTF
There is a divergence of views on this be the ladies in this section. Many of them have a few reviews sprinkled around and while some state a no review policy on their website many do not. And we all know that back channel chatter tends to happen, especially if a lady does not meet expectations.
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Ok then, a bug up your ass about this lawyer thing. Originally Posted by discreetgent
LOL...sorry atl, that was funny though.

[quote=discreetgent;107362]There is a divergence of views on this be the ladies in this section. Many of them have a few reviews sprinkled around and while some state a no review policy on their website many do not.
QUOTE]
The general consensus is that these ladies do not allow reviews or control them to the point that they are mere testimonials.
And we all know that back channel chatter tends to happen, especially if a lady does not meet expectations. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Yes....but that is back channel. This sure the heck is not backchannel.

I will say I have no expectations to meet. It is part of life that there are times that I waste my time and money. I try and limit those and learn from the times I was dissappointed. My answer was really tongue in cheek to atl.

Lastly, I do not spend more than I care to give away. So I just roll with a bad chemistry encounter.
Ok then, a bug up your ass about this lawyer thing.

Originally Posted by discreetgent
That wouldn't be my choice of expressions but yes....

no need to litigate $2500

& I'll wait for the men to man up and admit they'd seek other resolution (if they were paying out of pocket) than "call a lawyer" as a response to everything.

&to EW, thanks for the concern but this was satire on the photographer situation
Lastly, I do not spend more than I care to give away. So I just roll with a bad chemistry encounter. Originally Posted by WTF
Word!!!!!! If you can't afford to take the cash and put it in the fire place you shouldn't be using it to spend time with a lady.
Word!!!!!! If you can't afford to take the cash and put it in the fire place you shouldn't be using it to spend time with a lady. Originally Posted by discreetgent
+1
There was a thread on the ASPD in the Texas discussion forum about money spent. 20k+ a year was not unreasonable. Now my X cost me 250K at least to make her go away. Did the math, thought about it. Should I have just played with providers. Nope. I'd be in prison if I'd stayed. I'd be grabbing soap and she'd have been pushing up daisies.
Altcomedy,

As for as I read Taylor has come to Eccie seeking advice and understanding of her situation. She has worked hard for her money to spend it on having some great photographs done and all you can do is mock her and start a thread that pokes fun at her (expensive) expense.

&to EW, thanks for the concern but this was satire on the photographer situation Originally Posted by atlcomedy
No it isn't satire, it's you being crass. How uncouth and utterly ungentlemanly of you.

Yours,
M
You haven't read his posts have you.