Music Question

• ddf69
  • 08-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Growing up, did you have any groups/artists that most of your friends liked but for whatever reason you never enjoyed listening to their music?

For me it's Aerosmith. The majority of my friends liked them but I just never got into their music. Even today I'll change the station if I hear Aerosmith.
Yes, but virtually every one of them was better than the crap played on commercial radio today. So I hereby offer my apologies to the fans of AC/DC and Journey: I really underestimated you.

Sammy Hagar, however, is still unlistenable.
It was just the opposite for me. I loved Air Supply as a kid, but my mother feckin' friends always trashed their songs. Feck 'em! Air Supply were hardcore!

I'm all out of love...(click the pic ya feckers)!

• ddf69
  • 08-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes, but virtually every one of them was better than the crap played on commercial radio today. So I hereby offer my apologies to the fans of AC/DC and Journey: I really underestimated you.

Sammy Hagar, however, is still unlistenable. Originally Posted by TinMan

lol, I love Hagar! (Pre Van Halen)
  • PT4ME
  • 08-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Ted Nugent for me..... just couldn't get into him at all when I was a younger.....

-Pt-
When I first picked up a guitar, around 15, the method of learning new songs was called "drop the needle". I realized that I could put on an AC/DC album and by the time the album played through the first time I was able to figure out how to play every song (chord progressions, riffs, etc. not solos). After that I really never enjoyed listening to them since it was so ridiculously easy.
Dave Matthews band. Come to think of it, I have no douche bag friends who listen to DMB, thank god.
Neil Young for me. I didn't hate him or anything. But I was never a big fan whereas many of my friends were big, big fans.

Honorable mention goes to Santana. Again, I was a minor fain, but he just didn't do that much for me. Sort of a glorified jam band. But I had friends that worshiped at the altar, etc.
Rush and Moody Blues..............never really understood the attraction
Pink Floyd..... i loved them as a teenager but for some reason their music annoys me now....lol
Neotek listening to Air Supply? Ok I have seen everything now, I can die happy.
I am an Allman Bros fan deluxe... most of my friends, even fellow guitarists, never developed a liking to their long harmony lead filled tunes... 1 song per album side. I never could listen to a lot of Yes, but I respect their extraordinary musical abilities.
  • T-Can
  • 08-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I loved Air Supply as a kid, Air Supply were hardcore!

Originally Posted by Neotek
Me too! Did we just become best friends?
  • M69
  • 08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
It was the beattles for me.

But I love Rush and the Allman Bros...

Different strokes for different folks.

Ok, the real question is do I like the same providers that someone else likes with the same taste in music? i.e. is there any correlation between taste in music and taste in women? Probably another thread... LOL
When I was a kid it was AC/DC that I wasn't into but at one of my past places of employment I listened to a classic rock station and now do like AC/DC as well as Zeppelin.

Billy Joel is my all time favorite singer though