Feel like I'm coming out again

I'm coming out of my cave!
As some of you may know, I take my RW career pretty seriously, and I'm constantly pushing for more. So this past 10 days I pretty locked myself in the house and completed all my applications to grad school. Only coming out for tofurky!
I've missed the hobby so much! and I'm very excited to be hosting incalls tomorrow.
Anyway, I'll soon begin prep for interviews (as PhD programs require interviews) and would love pointers from you who have experienced the trials of grad school?!?

Also, if you bothered reading this far, what would you think if I changed my provider name? I want to do something more romantic, but still catchy. I have something in mind, but don't want to reveal it yet. But is it even worth the trouble? Do men even care like that?
Why do you want to go to graduate school?

It's like being dirt poor and miserable for another four to six years. If you already have a good career, you should evaluate whether graduate school is worth the time and money. Think about how much money you would make working for four to six years, how much you would lose studying for four to six years and how much you expect to be making when you finally get out with your degree. Sometimes, it's not worth doing.

Also, depending on what you are studying, it may be a lot more work than you bargained for. Nothing is worse than working long hours into your late twenties and early thirties while getting paid absolutely nothing for it. Some have called it hell. Why not just enjoy your life while you are still young?
Why do you want to go to graduate school?

It's like being dirt poor and miserable for another four to six years. If you already have a good career, you should evaluate whether graduate school is worth the time and money. Think about how much money you would make working for four to six years, how much you would lose studying for four to six years and how much you expect to be making when you finally get out.

Also, depending on what you are studying, it may be a lot more work than you bargained for. Nothing is worse than working long hours while getting paid nothing for it. Imagine working 60 hours a week while getting paid just a sliver more than a Walmart cashier. That's graduate school. Originally Posted by yitzchak
I wish I didn't have too! Unfortunately I do have to grab a PhD for my aspiring career. I have practice with a masters, so the work load wont be totally new. The money thing TOTALLY sucks though! But I'll be grabbing a TA/RA position & still providing, that will hopefully help me avoid being too broke!
Graduate school is by far the shittiest experience of my life, but they say it pays off. That's what they say. Get out while you still can!!!
They also said Santa Claus was real
They also said Santa Claus was real Originally Posted by yitzchak
What do you mean was real??
Because yit taint getting shit from Santa since he got deflowered.
if your degree is in something good and you enjoy doing it then go for it. will be a great investment