Ratings way down for NFL opener: Just Do IT!

I've bitched and moaned about how all pro sports are subsidized by the taxpayers Via stadiums being built and leased for cheap.

If you read how GWB made his money, it was by him getting the public to build a stadium so his 'investment' was enhanced by public money... Originally Posted by WTF
I agree you bitch and moan a lot but your description of "how GWB made his money" is nonsense. The Texas Rangers would have been a successful investment with or without a new ballpark. If Arlington didn't build one, another city would have. The team's success as a business preceded its request for a new stadium. It wasn't the result of Globe Life Park.

If Pittsburgh builds a nice site for Amazon to move its new headquarters to, does that mean we made Amazon successful? Of course not!
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2018, 05:56 PM
I agree you bitch and moan a lot but your description of "how GWB made his money" is nonsense. The Texas Rangers would have been a successful investment with or without a new ballpark. If Arlington didn't build one, another city would have. The team's success as a business preceded its request for a new stadium. It wasn't the result of Globe Life Park.

If Pittsburgh builds a nice site for Amazon to move its new headquarters to, does that mean we made Amazon successful? Of course not! Originally Posted by lustylad
Holy shit dude, you think a subsidized stadium does not improve your bottom line?

Just because another municipality would have done the same thing does not mean that George W bush did not benefit greatly from public subsidies. Which was exactly my point.
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2018, 06:03 PM
https://www.publicintegrity.org/2000...-texas-rangers

Read this if you want to learn something or keep your head in tje sand, makes no difference to me.