The U.S. Just Became a Net Oil Exporter for the First Time in 75 Years

The U.S. Just Became a Net Oil Exporter for the First Time in 75 Years

The EIA said the U.S. has been a net oil importer in weekly data going back to 1991 and monthly data starting in 1973. Oil historians that have compiled even older annual data using statistics from the American Petroleum Institute said the country has been a net oil importer since 1949, when Harry Truman was at the White House.

On paper, the shift to net oil imports means that the U.S. is today energy independent, achieving a rhetorical aspiration for generations of American politicians, from Jimmy Carter to George W. Bush.

The power of OPEC has been diminished, undercutting one of the major geopolitical forces of the last half century. The cartel and its allies are meeting in Vienna this week, trying to make a tough choice to cut output and support prices, risking the loss of more market share to the U.S.

(Bloomberg)
. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Does this mean I don't have to thank Donald Tump and Saudi Arabia for low gas prices anymore? Just Tump?
Does this mean I don't have to thank Donald Tump and Saudi Arabia for low gas prices anymore? Just Tump? Originally Posted by themystic
The history books will note that the U.S. became a net oil exporter for the first time since 1949 on Trump's watch.
GO USA! GO USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPKp29Luryc Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I agree. This is about the USA. That's a good
The history books will note that the U.S. became a net oil exporter for the first time since 1949 on Trump's watch. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Like your article stated, the US had been moving in this direction for many years. The story is about US Oil exporting, not about Trump
GO USA! GO USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPKp29Luryc Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

ALL HAIL His REGAL MAJESTY THE LORD EMPEROR DONALD, SUPREME RULER OF THE MULTIVERSE!

BAHHAAHAAHAAAAW

SNICK!
Like your article stated, the US had been moving in this direction for many years. The story is about US Oil exporting, not about Trump Originally Posted by themystic

But you're ignoring that the article mentioned President Truman as a benchmark, or did you not read the article, again?

But you're ignoring that the article mentioned President Truman as a benchmark, or did you not read the article, again?
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I read every word of it. The absolutely did not list Tump as a benchmark. The said that was his view of energy independence. Your not implying that Tump is responsible for this are you?
I read every word of it. The absolutely did not list Tump as a benchmark. The said that was his view of energy independence. Your not implying that Tump is responsible for this are you? Originally Posted by themystic
It's trivially obvious. The date is 6 December 2018. Trump is the President of the United States on 6 December 2018. The history books will report that this occurred on Trump's watch just as Bloomberg is presently reporting that the last time the U.S. was a net oil exporter was when Truman was president.
It's trivially obvious. The date is 6 December 2018. Trump is the President of the United States on 6 December 2018. The history books will report that this occurred on Trump's watch just as Bloomberg is presently reporting that the last time the U.S. was a net oil exporter was when Truman was president. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Ok IB. Tump revolutionized the US oil industry. Single handedly. He also revitalized the economy. I hope he keeps this up. Hes the only one who can do it. And to think a week ago you were asking me to thank the Saudis. I'm glad I didn't do that
Qatar quit OPEC.
  • WTF
  • 12-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Does this mean I don't have to thank Donald Tump and Saudi Arabia for low gas prices anymore? Just Tump? Originally Posted by themystic

What IB does nit seem to hrasp is that we no longer need to kiss the Saudis ass like he continually wants to do.

What IB does nit seem to hrasp is that we no longer need to kiss the Saudis ass like he continually wants to do.
Originally Posted by WTF
You didn't read the article cited in the OP, did you?
  • WTF
  • 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM
You didn't read the article cited in the OP, did you? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You seem to forget your thread thanking Saudi Arabia for lowering oil prices