Anniversaries and Ironies.. and Trump on the South Lawn

today is the 50th anniversary of the Manson/Tate murders.. the 45th of Nixon's resignation. yesterday the House "moved ahead" for impeachment, while the Steele dossier was shown to be as fraudulent as ever. impeachment proceedings based on obstruction of Justice, based on a document that is false and criminal itself?

is there a piece I'm missing?

meanwhile, Trump slayed it on the South Lawn this morning. I disagree about the Mississippi raid, that it will deter future illegals.. the whole affair was overkill, and the fact is wealthy Business Owners (Republicans, by and large) have encouraged the illegal immigration, undercut wages for Americans, failed to conduct citizen checks. yet none of them are held even slightly accountable. one of the little girls who was "interviewed" as she cried about her father being arrested, made that exact point. she is about 6 years old, and understands the issue better than many Americans.

anyway, Trump looked sharp and energetic this morning, his explanation of the current China situation was spot on. he is always at his best in "off the cuff" situations, when his mind can go to work. which is why the DEMS must nominate Warren. she has a fighting chance, no other DEM can stand toe-to-toe with Trump.
  • oeb11
  • 08-09-2019, 10:56 AM
OANN had Trump on improving background checks for weapons purchase. Said McConnel was on board.

We;ll see how the DPST's turn that into an anti- Trump diatribe.
OANN had Trump on improving background checks for weapons purchase. Said McConnel was on board.

We;ll see how the DPST's turn that into an anti- Trump diatribe. Originally Posted by oeb11
they can't, unless... when the Senate returns after Labor Day, the whole issue is buried behind other matters. right now the Media must Bide(n) its time, wait and see what happens.
Trump was sweating like a nun in a field full of cucumbers
yesterday the House "moved ahead" for impeachment, Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Isn't the house on Summer recess?
they can't, unless... when the Senate returns after Labor Day, the whole issue is buried behind other matters. right now the Media must Bide(n) its time, wait and see what happens. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
By the time both the House and Senate returns it will not be a top priority anymore.
today is the 50th anniversary of the Manson/Tate murders.. the 45th of Nixon's resignation. yesterday the House "moved ahead" for impeachment, while the Steele dossier was shown to be as fraudulent as ever. impeachment proceedings based on obstruction of Justice, based on a document that is false and criminal itself?

is there a piece I'm missing?

meanwhile, Trump slayed it on the South Lawn this morning. I disagree about the Mississippi raid, that it will deter future illegals.. the whole affair was overkill, and the fact is wealthy Business Owners (Republicans, by and large) have encouraged the illegal immigration, undercut wages for Americans, failed to conduct citizen checks. yet none of them are held even slightly accountable. one of the little girls who was "interviewed" as she cried about her father being arrested, made that exact point. she is about 6 years old, and understands the issue better than many Americans.

anyway, Trump looked sharp and energetic this morning, his explanation of the current China situation was spot on. he is always at his best in "off the cuff" situations, when his mind can go to work. which is why the DEMS must nominate Warren. she has a fighting chance, no other DEM can stand toe-to-toe with Trump. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

I'll challenge the "Republicans, by and large" part however any business regardless of the owner's party affiliation should be held accountable bigly. this is not solely a small business issue either. Many big corporations are cheating and breaking the law too. the legal consequences both in fines and arresting the executives should be ramped up. the fines don't mean that much to big outfits with deep pockets like Tyson Foods or Koch but perhaps 30 days in jail might change the CEO's willingness to break the law.

Trump was sweating like a nun in a field full of cucumbers Originally Posted by matchingmole

if you say so.

Isn't the house on Summer recess? Originally Posted by eccielover

there has been pressure to have Congress stay in session to address this. probably won't happen. shows both parties as indifferent assholes. Nancy likes her time off .. from her part-time job. i'm sure Mitch does too. Neither party wants to work too hard it seems.
Trump was sweating like a nun in a field full of cucumbers Originally Posted by matchingmole
I noticed a little. but I was impressed really. he stayed on message, didn't pull out a hanky to dab. anybody else would have.
If it looks like a Trump and talks like a Trump, guess what...
I noticed a little. but I was impressed really. he stayed on message, didn't pull out a hanky to dab. anybody else would have. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
So I guess you have buyers remorse? Vote for one of your Looney Tunes dream teams. And quit being a fraud. Vote for the Party of Pelosi, Nadler, Schiff, Waters and Cummings. A veritable rogues gallery and imbeciles.
  • oeb11
  • 08-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Vote One's conscience in Nov 2020!!!!
By the time both the House and Senate returns it will not be a top priority anymore. Originally Posted by eccielover
Exactly. It’s a one-day diversion from the latest Trump embarrassment.

• oeb11
  • 08-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Nadler announced "Impeachment Articles" again today
Then - a "decision" by the end of the Year.

Please - hold your breath - Please - the suspense is just unbearable!!!!!
I noticed a little. but I was impressed really. he stayed on message, didn't pull out a hanky to dab. anybody else would have. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
His orange Earl Scheib would transfer to his hanky