Coins

Does anyone know where to accumulate a large amount of various coins? I want to do a project in my home and want to put the coins on the wall and then cover with a lacquer.
I would like to find all kind of old coins. I would be willing to even trade sessions for a good quantity.
PM sent
A bank?
Reminds me of the coin trick in Amsterdam.
A bank? Originally Posted by TryWeakly
Not that type more of a non monetary value or very minimal . It's for a project
Reminds me of the coin trick in Amsterdam. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
flew right over my head
Not that type more of a non monetary value or very minimal . It's for a project Originally Posted by Beau Derierre
Ahh. Then use pesos.
Ebay
Search parameters to start with are:
coin lot foreign

Generally foreign coins cannot be exchanged in another country with the possible exception of Canadian coins in the USA.
Ebay
Search parameters to start with are:
coin lot foreign

Generally foreign coins cannot be exchanged in another country with the possible exception of Canadian coins in the USA.
Originally Posted by instfixer
Thank you ..I guess. I can read and comprehend fine. I read your Pm.

A huge Thank you, thank you. Thank you to the generous slitlicker that dropped some this morning. She loved them!!!!

Anyone else have some laying around let me know...
Sounds cool...send me a pic when done

I once glued pennies on a bowling ball then shellacked and made a gazing ball
This sounds like a pretty cool project. I've done some minor works, but mostly with American pennies or nickels (have not been able to find foreign currency in bulk).

I saw a video a while back very similar to this. A couple in England last year spent 270 pounds gluing pennies to make a copper kitchen floor (which was eventually preserved in poly). It was called the UK Penny Floor Project (link below). Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKM4FvGGPY
This sounds like a pretty cool project. I've done some minor works, but mostly with American pennies or nickels (have not been able to find foreign currency in bulk).

I saw a video a while back very similar to this. A couple in England last year spent 270 pounds gluing pennies to make a copper kitchen floor (which was eventually preserved in poly). It was called the UK Penny Floor Project (link below). Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKM4FvGGPY Originally Posted by Magic8Ball
Oh My! I am in Love!! Now if I can only get someone to pay me in pennies.
Putting them down by hand ... oh the tedium.
Finding them are harder than I thought..
  • RoxyG
  • 06-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Theres some FB coin groups. Can find and purchase old coins there by the pound.