Danny's

I spent a little time in Danny's on a recent Saturday night. The cover price was the usual for a Saturday - 20 bucks and free all-you-can-drink beer. It was still a little early (prior to 10pm), so things weren't in full-swing yet and a lot of the girls weren't there yet. That is understandable, as they don't close until 3am (a recent change from the previous 2am). I sat down at the bar and chatted with one of the regular dancers, a young blonde (R***) who has been there for 2 or 3 years now. She asked me if I wanted to do a dance and I agreed. She told me the options (VIP area for 25 bucks per song or champagne room for 100 bucks and 3 songs) and I opted for the VIP area (I haven't done the champagne room at Danny's, as I don't view it as a good value). I had done several dances with her before and they were okay, so I didn't mind getting one from her.

So, we went to the VIP area, which is a fairly-open area with 8 or so couches on it (so, the area is shared with other dancers & their customers), for the dance. She questioned me a bit about my choice of the VIP dance. I stated what I believe is the truth - that the champagne room isn't a very good deal and that the dance that I would get there would almost certainly be the same dance that I would get in the VIP area. She said that wasn't true and went off on a hamburger versus steak analogy (hamburger being the VIP room and steak being the champagne room). I ignored her, as I viewed it as typical stripper speak and upsell. Still, I knew right then and there that I had made a mistake and wasn't going to enjoy the dance. The song had started by then, though, so it was too late. She then proceeded to give me just a mediocre dance in which she only partially took her top off and wouldn't even let me touch her breasts (she expected me to touch her hips and thighs only). This was contrary to the dances that I've received from her in the past.

Suffice to say, I was disappointed and a little angry. When the dance ended, I basically wrote her off for any future dances, as it was clear to me that she has toned her VIP dances down in an effort to entice customers like myself to go the champagne room to get a quality dance (the type of dance that previously was available in the VIP room). She did mention that she had chastised some of the other girls for doing too mcuh in the VIP room and "selling pussy", as she put it. I can pretty much assure you that they don't go that far in the VIP area (its just too open for that), though good dances are possible there.

I don't know if this is a case of a single dancer trying to push more of her clients to the champagne room or if there has been instruction from the management at Danny's to tone it down a little in the VIP to try to get the guys to go to the champagne room for better dances. Quite possibly a little of both. If that is the deal, though, I can say that I think its a poor move on their part. If they really want to make the champagne room more attractive, it isn't all that hard. Instead of giving average dances in the VIP area and saving good dances in the champagne room area, just make the champagne room a better monetary value. Make it $100 for 5 songs, instead of $100 for 3 songs. At least that way, you can point to it being a better song-for-song value than the VIP area and the club & girl still get a minimum of $100 to split (however Danny's handles the split) for each trip back there. That makes a lot more sense than trying to retrain your customers to accept lesser dances. Keep in mind that they raised the VIP price from $20 per song to $25 per song only this past summer. Watering down the dances won't do a bit to help you make more money.

I do appreciate the fact that Danny's management (basically, Dax Owens, who is one of Danny's sons) has invested quite a bit of money in the club and refurbished the interior over the past couple of years, making it a good bit better inside the club than it was 5 years ago. They have also done a good job in improving the quality of the dancers there over what was in the club 5 years ago. For a city this size, they have some good-looking dancers. The biggest issue I have with Danny's is simply the upsell/hustle factor that goes on in there. It is the single biggest thing that keeps me from going back more often. I am not sure what it is like on dayshift or on slow weekdays but on weekends, they can be a bit pushy and don't seem interested in sitting and talking any. They just want to get the dance, get the money and move on to the next guy. I know it is a business driven by money but you have to have some sort of balance there. After this last trip, it might be a bit before I go back, unless I start seeing some more positive reports on Danny's. I might just have to try dayshift whenever I do decide to go back to see if maybe they will be more accomodating.
Lot of good points in this post.
Many thanks for the post T-Dice. I've been considering patronizing Danny's again after I heard that the billboard on I-55 N of Byram had pictures of the actual dancers currently there. It's been a few years since I've been, so I won't be able to spot the recent trends you mentioned. Hopefully I'll have some positive feedback to report back on, though.
Many thanks for the post T-Dice. I've been considering patronizing Danny's again after I heard that the billboard on I-55 N of Byram had pictures of the actual dancers currently there. It's been a few years since I've been, so I won't be able to spot the recent trends you mentioned. Hopefully I'll have some positive feedback to report back on, though. Originally Posted by mssippi_fella

They have good looking dancers, there is absolutely no doubt about that. They have a very good-looking crew for a club in a city the size of Jackson. It is more of a question of the value provided and the amount of hustle involved.