Fucking sucks

Cancer fucking sucks!! Woke up this AM and my 8 year old pup has taken a turn for the worse and it's time for us to end his suffering. Hospice can't come out until tomorrow, so I'm spending the rest of the day today making sure he's comfortable and happy.

Unfortunately, I'd like to publicly apologize to DallasRain since I had to cancel my Friday AM appointment. I sincerely hope I didn't screw up your scheduling dear.

Hug your fur-babies peeps.
I'm sorry to hear that corona, I had to do the same thing in April. I took a few days off to spend with my dog as well. Its really hard, and yes cancer sucks ass. Makes me sad just thinking about it, but just know his suffering will end soon, and try to remember the good times. Sorry again man, I know what you are going through.
Awwwwwwwww baby...this was so sweet of you....I understand totally....life is a bitch and sometimes screws ya in the butt! I am so sorry about your furry friend.....pets can be so awesome!

Don't worry ... I will just have ya make it up to me when I return...your ass will be mine {lol}
sorry to hear this. my 10 hear old had to be put down this year too.
hey ...feed him the best food...steak, pork chops.....it will be wonderful.
Corona,
I'm so sorry your having to go through this difficult time. Make this time count. Hugs, love and heart felt wishes for you.

Xoxo
I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby and the health issues ...

Pets are love on four paws. They have a way of snuggling around our hearts.

My 18 year old cat was eased over June 13th due to advanced cancer. It's one of the hardest things to deal with in life.

Each day will become more bearable afterwards. May not seem like it. But you have to focus on other things to pull yourself through.

I'll keep a candle lit next to the one I constantly burn for Oreo. It's a comforting way of remembering.

If you need mobile vet help, here's a link: Lap of Love Hospice

Sorry you are dealing with this.
I am so sorry... I had to have my pug put down due to that almost two years ago. I know how hard it is
VERY sorry - I never had children and understand how attached we become to our pets - they really are part of the family.
im so sorry to hear about that Shea ... Oreo, a lovely ball of furr was awesome ...
I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby and the health issues ...

Pets are love on four paws. They have a way of snuggling around our hearts.

My 18 year old cat was eased over June 13th due to advanced cancer. It's one of the hardest things to deal with in life.

Each day will become more bearable afterwards. May not seem like it. But you have to focus on other things to pull yourself through.

I'll keep a candle lit next to the one I constantly burn for Oreo. It's a comforting way of remembering.

If you need mobile vet help, here's a link: Lap of Love Hospice

Originally Posted by Shea Veile
Yep !!!!!!! Oreo was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hd
  • 09-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I never get over losing one of my buddies, you just carry on.

I always say to myself that I provided a better life for him/her than anyone else would have, that helps get me thru it.
corona, my sincere condolences on your loss.

pets or people, losing them is a very emotional time to witness and go through.
and until a person has gone through this w/ another person or pet, i just dont believe they have any real understanding about what the end of life means.

my takeaway from the death of four family members and several pets - the best thing you can do is just be there with them and provide them love and support.

heard a talk show the other day on kera about pets and end of their lives.
the guy said that most pets are not able to grasp future and past, mostly living in the present.
thus, they arent able to understand hanging in there hoping that things will get better.
so, he said, if their quality of life is low and getting lower, it is generally better to euthanize them than having the vets do things to them that will just prolong their suffereing.

i have had many cats in my adult life time - some just dropped and died, several were euthanized.
i now understand [and will apply in the future] what that guy meant.

peace be to all of you and to those who have gone on before us, pets or people.
I wish you the best and hopefully everything turn out well for you.
One of the hardest things in life , they can't tell us they hurt, can't tell us it's time, and it's left up to us to decide. My Persian crossed the "Rainbow bridge" 6 months ago, and I took her in to the vets, cancer also, she was so skinny, they brought her in so I could say goodbye, laid her on the exam table. Her carrier was open, and she tried to crawl back inside. She couldn't use her back paws at all, just with her fronts. I cried like a 5yo girl, but it was just her time. Still miss that puffy white furrball.