Fort Worth/Tarrant County - 115 arrested

https://www.audacy.com/krld/news/loc...fficking-sting

"We've arrested 115 people for felony solicitation," Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn said in a Monday afternoon news conference. "100% were male in this arrest, from age 20 to 75, and several of them were repeat offenders."

Details on the operation were not shared...
  • slap
  • 10-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Ah man I just posted the same thing. I wonder how they set the guys up. That’s a lot of guys about to get some felonies on their records
But I thought as others have said that nothing was going to change and the PD was too busy going after other criminals.
Sheeesh!
How many of the 115 are victims of trafficking and how many are actually involved in trafficking?

How will targeting johns take a dent out sex trafficking?
The news report said that some of the girls were "represented as underage". No mention of raids or property/asset seizure. This, along with "100% male" sounds like undercover cops and/or online solicitation.
Good recon
How does targeting johns impact sex trafficking. The argument they make is that if there is no demand there will be no supply. There would be no point in forcing girls in to prostitution if there were not men willing to pay.

Now whether that is effective in slowing sex trafficking, especially with Biden's open border is for someone other than myself to say.
Responding to online advertised services netted the most arrests. Duplicate, decoy ads and pages on infiltrated websites.
Texas is a backward ass state. And going further and further backwards and archaic. We used to have pride in personal freedoms and now we are becoming more and more of a police state with the many bowing to the voice of a very loud few.
The HSI Dallas-led North Texas Trafficking Task Force continues to collaborate with law enforcement partners to combat human trafficking from a holistic, victim-centric approach.
Ironic....since apparently not even one 'victim' was arrested, saved, or otherwise removed from the trade.

I'm not saying there aren't human trafficking victims out there. There are, and I'm vehemently opposed to real trafficking and those that attempt to do the underage thing.

OTOH, by and large this approach does not work to reduce real trafficking. But it's been facilitated as an easy way to grab some headlines.
Originally Posted by duncantrus
None traceable burner ! If you don’t have one, don’t text. Don’t email. Only phone calls. Don’t go through website screening since they can trace you.
Texas is a backward ass state. And going further and further backwards and archaic. We used to have pride in personal freedoms and now we are becoming more and more of a police state with the many bowing to the voice of a very loud few. Originally Posted by Hank3fan

Yeah I keep telling my conservative friends the same thing but no one believes me that you can very easily have a right wing police state. Take a look at Germany after 1932.
Yes, on many levels pre-WW II Germany is beginning to look like a more relevant analogue to the USA today, EXCEPT that Germany did not have the cheap, ever-present video, and electronic surveillance capabilities (thanks to the Patriot Act) current law enforcement now have access to.

Spooky . . . and just in time for Halloween. For this reason and for the foreseeable future, I'm steering clear of my usual haunts (pun intended).