Professional Pics - To do or not to do...

Does anyone know a professional photog? Not wanting to exchange service for pics. Wanting to pay a professional to do new pics _spring break pics. Thanks
DFW Raven.

Oh wait, nevermind
Megan Love is a traveling provider and an excellent photographer.
Ze
DFW Raven.

Oh wait, nevermind Originally Posted by Boltfan
Ouch, man..... ouch.
Ouch, man..... ouch. Originally Posted by GracePreston
That was a targeted comment
  • R.M.
  • 02-19-2017, 02:42 AM
Check out my bestie. She knows her camera inside and out. I haven't met anyone that knows more about photography than her. Here is her links https://www.eccie.net/member.php?u=4707
http://d2imagesarlingtontx.wordpress.com/
I've worked with two in Dallas that are happy to work with providers they just don't want to be put out there like that.

Personally, I've decided to get my photos done when I'm already traveling. Plus, to be honest, it's actually cheaper than most of the professionals in Dallas. My next two are booked for when I'm in Montreal & NYC, and then later this year in Australia.

I really do like to schedule ahead of time. It's the Army Brat in me.
I will respond to the question in the title of the thread. Whether to have professional pictures or not...

It depends on the provider. I think at your age, and given how attractive you are, you don't really need professional pictures. Your selfies, or "unprofessional pictures" still show you as gorgeous, which you actually are. But for some ladies who may want to show themselves in a more favorable light (because of age or being a mother, for example), professional photography may be a good idea.

Of course, this is from the perspective of the provider. As hobbyists, we prefer to see more realistic, amateur photos or selfies. It is always best to have a realistic idea of what we will see when the hotel room door opens.
I will respond to the question in the title of the thread. Whether to have professional pictures or not...

It depends on the provider. I think at your age, and given how attractive you are, you don't really need professional pictures. Your selfies, or "unprofessional pictures" still show you as gorgeous, which you actually are. But for some ladies who may want to show themselves in a more favorable light (because of age or being a mother, for example), professional photography may be a good idea.

Of course, this is from the perspective of the provider. As hobbyists, we prefer to see more realistic, amateur photos or selfies. It is always best to have a realistic idea of what we will see when the hotel room door opens. Originally Posted by zzzyyy

This is a great opinion as you do have a point. Many providers from NYC to LA, and Canada to the US, have both a professional portfolio and a selfie portfolio that we keep up to date. Also, in this instance, my suggestion to you as a client, is hop on Twitter if you haven't. Twitter is often the first place many providers post their "selfies" as it reaches a wider audience, then we move them to our websites and potentially our ads.

Again, it also depends on your location, your market, and what type of clientele someone is going after which is why I believe it doesn't hurt to have both a professional and "let me grab my iPhone" portfolio. It casts a wider net & makes a provider look more authentic.

This is actually a very interesting topic! It's good to see various opinions.
Jassmine - I agree with zzzyyy...
Even though I haven't seen / met you personally, but based on your current pics and reviews, since you definitely look hot and beautiful, I feel that you do not necessarily need a Professional Photographer as such !! Moreover, since you are in college and I assume, would want to remain UTR and discreet, I feel that you posting your own pics would mean you have control on your Showcase and your pics, and they may not legally be distributed !!! Moreover, since you would have the control, you can chop off / gray out the face portion or whatever portion you want for concealing your identity !!

These is purely my personal opinion, and do not intend to hurt / bias with anybody !!
A lot of threads in the past have discussed the virtue of professional shots along with some "reality check" selfies. I think the most important thing is to accurately portray who will be opening the door when I show up. Don't cake it on and wear sexy lingerie for the shoot, then show up with no makeup in sweatpants. A pro can help with seductive lighting and sexy poses, but still potray who will be showing up.
Hi, I hope your having an awesome day. I'm former US Marine, young professional construction accountant, entrepreneur, freelance photographer, and business owner. I enjoy staying busy and I'm always looking to try new things. Currently, I'm trying put my efforts in the photography business but I need to build up my clientele, so I'm offering free photo shoots. I'm not looking to be paid or for any services. All I want is the experience to improve my skills, a good review, and references for my work.

You would keep the photos we take and use them as you please.

Please consider my offer as a legit professional offer.

Character references upon request.

SFSC13
Holy fuckn geezuz ^^^^^^