I guess we won't be seeing you at the same Bat time on the same Bat channel

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam...an-1202461532/

Adam West dead at 88. Typecast as a certain type after Batman, Adam West was a good actor and by all accounts a pretty good guy. He embraced his reputation and made the most of it. The world will be a lesser place without him.

wasn't a big fan of Batman. too campy and silly and yes it was intended to be. but without much else on TV at the time well it was better than nothing.

West himself was frustrated after Batman with his limited roles. before Batman he was in a few good movies, one being Robinson Crusoe on Mars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_Crusoe_on_Mars

a decent sci-fi flick for it's day. you'll hear lots of familiar sound effects from movies like the original 1950's War of the Worlds and several others. he also did two guest appearances on Perry Mason, which i don't recall seeing and i watched that show many times over the years. they are "The Case of the Barefaced Witness" and "The Case of the Bogus Books". i'll have to see if they are on Youtube.

interestingly, West claims in his wiki page that he was offered the role of James Bond in "Diamonds Are Forever" but turned it down for the same reason Burt Reynolds did and later Clint Eastwood.

"In 1970, West was offered the role of James Bond by Cubby Broccoli for the film Diamonds Are Forever. West did not accept, later stating in his autobiography that he believed the role should always be played by a British actor."

odd that after Lazenby walked away from Bond that no less than 3 American actors and possibly more were offered the role. Lazenby is Australian obviously and had to work with a voice coach to ditch his aussie accent to do Bond. it was probably easier for him to do that than an America trying to sound "English" which never seems to work. Dick Van Dyke could have been Bond earlier in the movie series but if you listen to him try to sound like a brit in Mary Poppins it was horrible.

West did have a distinctive voice and found a lot of voice work later in his career. but he would have sounded terrible as Bond faking a Brit accent.
A sad day to see Adam West go. Many fond memories of Batman.

I still do the Bat Turn when I pass La Femme.
RIP Mr.West
RIP Mr.West Originally Posted by J.G Wentworth
got any annuity cash outs to sell? which banned asshole are you?

bahhaaaaaa
Caesar Romero....Frank Gorshin....Burgess Meredith....and now Adam West...all gone.

Guess Burt Ward and the leggy, Julie Newmar, (Catwoman) remain...? Am I missing anyone?
Well, if you want to run down the list (from memory):

Eartha Kitt (Cat Woman) (RIP)
Lee Meriwether (Cat Woman)
Victor Buono (King Tut) (RIP)
Van Johnson (The Minstrel) (RIP)
Liberace (RIP)
David Wayne (The Mad Hatter) (RIP)
John Astin (The Riddler)
Cliff Robertson (Shame) (RIP)
Yvonne Craig (Bat Girl) (RIP)
Carolyn Jones (Marsha, Queen of Diamonds) (RIP)
Tallulah Bankhead (Marsha's Witch) (RIP)
Vincent Price (Egghead) (RIP)
Alan Napier (Alfred Pennypacker) (RIP)
Neil Hamilton (Commissioner Gordon) (RIP)
Bruce Lee (Kato) (RIP)
Madge Blake (Aunt Harriet) (RIP)
Milton Berle (Louie the Lilac) (RIP)
Otto Preminger (Mr. Freeze) (RIP)

I can't remember who played Chief O'Hara or the Green Hornet both of whom have died.
Frank Gorshin?
  • WTF
  • 06-11-2017, 09:38 AM
You homo's need to dress up in your batsuits and go to the funeral.
I forgot Joan Collins as the Siren.
this is why we should all thank Al Gore for inventing the interwebs ... bahjhaaaaaa

speaking of Batman .. here is a celeb Family Feud pitting the cast of Batman vs. the cast of Lost In Space. these two shows competed against each other directly and Batman RUINED Lost In Space. How? Irwin Allen saw the popularity of Batman and in the second and third seasons of Lost In Space took the focus in a campy direction, with Jonathan Harris (Dr. Smith) as the primary plot vehicle. CRAP!!! Lost In Space in its first season was a serious sci-fi show. after that it mostly sucked.

anyway .. here is the episode including the late great Vincent Price as a member of the "bat team" bahhaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_k9IVAsFE
Man, Adam West was the real Batman. All the Batman movies since pale in comparison. RIP Batman!!
And Jim Carry didn't hold a light to Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. IMHO, Jim Carry was a joke as the Riddler.
Agreed ... but political?

We need Batman to save us from the Orange Sphincter!!
this is why we should all thank Al Gore for inventing the interwebs ... bahjhaaaaaa

speaking of Batman .. here is a celeb Family Feud pitting the cast of Batman vs. the cast of Lost In Space. these two shows competed against each other directly and Batman RUINED Lost In Space. How? Irwin Allen saw the popularity of Batman and in the second and third seasons of Lost In Space took the focus in a campy direction, with Jonathan Harris (Dr. Smith) as the primary plot vehicle. CRAP!!! Lost In Space in its first season was a serious sci-fi show. after that it mostly sucked.

anyway .. here is the episode including the late great Vincent Price as a member of the "bat team" bahhaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_k9IVAsFE Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
the family feud celeberity feud had an odd match up. from the looks of it, the family teams played against 2 teams, instead of 3 teams.

Batman vs. gilligans island
batman vs. lost in space.

can't find any match up with batman & hawaii eye (hawaii five-o)