Restaurants in Killeen?

I'll be making my way to Killeen in the very near future, and wonder if there are any "you just gotta try" restaurants in the area?

Many times they're local dives that a traveler would know nothing about. Yet have the best food.

I get so sick of eating at chain restaurants.

Thanks for any input!
Alisha...xoxo
Buffet palace in trimmer is good.
El Chico is also a good place.

Just google them for the menu's.
try Nami's. its a japanese steakhouse.
sit at the hibachi grill and watch them do all the "knife flippin" and they serve you just as its cooked.
great food also
if you're looking for italian, try giovanni's in copperas cove. it's about a 15-20 minute drive from killeen. family owned and operated...not a chain. order the spicy shrimp spaghetti
Alisha,

There is a small exclusive restaurant you gotta try.... steak and shrimp cooked on a gas grill in front of you on a secluded porch setting, adult beverages of your choice, candlelight and soft music, handsome waiter, private tour of the estate and hot tub when you are done.....

Just sayin
Newguy working the charm!
outstanding job!!
Alisha,

There is a small exclusive restaurant you gotta try.... steak and shrimp cooked on a gas grill in front of you on a secluded porch setting, adult beverages of your choice, candlelight and soft music, handsome waiter, private tour of the estate and hot tub when you are done.....

Just sayin Originally Posted by newguy1970
That was definitely very charming. I don't recall the last time I was so subtly hit on

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Time to start digging up menus!

Alisha....xoxo
Their was a great seafood place that just opened last June now it is closed and now some Noodle place.. Man they had the best frog legs......................

But what I will tell you in all my travels I have NEVER seen 3 chicken fingers places right next to each other... It is crazy
  • ckaf
  • 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I'll second Nami, particularly if you like Sushi. They have the best Sashimi in Killeen, that I've tried. The downside is that Nami's prices are the highest for Sushi in Killeen. Note to self - go try new Sushi restaurant in Killeen tonight...

Good hole in the wall is Pho - On Trimmier, near 190, opposite the HEB and Bank of America.
I saw reviews of nami in killeen several months back..dnt know how current they are.but from what I
Read the nami staff in killeen sucks and are jerks.never been there myself.I've always went
To the one in belton.wanted to check killeen namis out but when I saw reviews decided not to.

And I hope that pho place isn't the one by starbucks..If so I thought it sucked.rather do namis.

I dunno.lol.just saying.

Cheeves in temple has some good sword fish for lunch.kinda pricey tho,but usually great service.
So I think makes it worth it.

Every one has diff tastes in food.some like churches some liike bushes)
Awesome thread!! Thanks

Xoxo
Kyla
Kyla dont post on threads that are over 30 days old. Thanks Ranch
If you are like me, you don't like a place that has the same menu in a hundred towns. Come to downtown Temple and go to Wes's Burger Shack. The absolute best burger ever. Hamburger steak, chicken fried steak, fried pork loin (my favorite), ham steak and salmon croquets. They also have salads and other sandwiches.. The onion rings are as good as are the fried sweet potatos and pickles. They also have catfish and shrimp. Sometomes on Fridays they have aligator tail or frog legs. Wes is the owner and one of the cooks. It is a redneck place with all the workers being just "real people". There is no corporate America or college kids with an attiutude. Come hungry, don't look for fancy tables or napkins and leave full and happy. My kind of place.
Seems like folks dont understand what I said about posting on threads that are over 30 days old. Ranch