Moved from other review section--What is the deal with these Fake, Ficticious Social Media Links Providers share in their ads?

Am sure everyone has noticed over the last few months on Backpage, providers have been sharing their "so-called" links to their social media accounts, being either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Nine times out of 10 links are invalid as in accounts are non existent or what not.

As we all know the ladies don't like us playing head games with them but it seems okay they can play head games with us before we even meet them, if we even move forward in setting up to do so. They string us along with fake pictures, fake social media account links.
Also phone #'s are now in the subject line... What's up with that?
Good Question Chocolate. Another thing driving me crazy is these ads with email as source of contact? Have to watch out for those I'll say, those are alike these typical casual encounters w4m on Craigslist, that are none other than spammers.
Some of the email contacts are legit providers.
That’s why we should all stay off backpage and let it die a slow death. Now do I get my free 12 weeks for plugging this site? LOL
BP is an initial way for providers to get their name out there. It's up to us mongers to decipher who's legit and who's not. Once we have it (somewhat) figured out, then we report back to the team. Unfortunately, some dude has to toftt
Good comments.... but why is this in a review section?
Good comments.... but why is this in a review section? Originally Posted by Justin Herpantz
Justin,

Section says " Other Reviews/Discussions" thought this was the appropriate thread if isn't or wasn't so I know better for next time where would you suggest?
Justin,

Section says " Other Reviews/Discussions" thought this was the appropriate thread if isn't or wasn't so I know better for next time where would you suggest? Originally Posted by BrianDaley
Moved to coed discussion
Peace
PK