This is for the ladies, but I am curious as to what you men have to say....

I have debated writing this for a couple of weeks now, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Rather than candy coat the situation, I am just going to put it out there. Ladies we are ALL here for basically the same reasons. Why is it so incredibly difficult for some of you to respond to reference requests. This site is ALL about the hobbyist and what we can do for them. I understand that you may have a favorite client or two, as do I, and you would like to keep them to yourself. Unfortunately, that isn't very realistic. We all tell potential clients that we need to check references, so go ahead and give one. It isn't personal, it's business and part of the hobby. I for one like variety and so do the men on this site. Let's make it easier on everyone involved. After all, we are ALL here to have a great time!
Hobby safely,
Kendall Kain
Agreed. Countless attempts to certain providers always go unanswered while others are as helpful and thorough as they can be! Hats off to those ladies.
Because in this economy girls get very territorial and want their hobbiests $. Many times when reference requests are sent, girls will not respond or send an email, pm, text, or call the guy to offer them a better deal or bitch them out for looking for other providers.

Girls will tell us guys which girls are ugly when it comes to giving out references. I am sure before this thread gets thru the first page there will be names given of who will not respond to requests.

Oh, I love your avatar. Please wear those pigtails when I come see you!!!
I agree with you Kendall. And I want all providers to know that anytime you need a reference I am more than happy to provide one. Let's all make this as safe and fun as possible for everyone.
Name them
Countless attempts to certain providers always go unanswered. Originally Posted by BBW Katrina
Are these "certain" women not very active? Or do they log in everyday here and have thousands of posts?

I don't usually ask for names. But if there's women who don't want to play the game then it would be helpful for us guys to know WHO not to use as a reference. So enlighten us with the name of a stingy lady or two please.
Yeah, it depends on which providers. I know some are real hard to get to or wont reply, but are very responsive when in touch. But then, I am sure there are several who are territorial and don't want to give references.

One of the reasons, I went back to P411, is less hassle of these references issue.
If you want some names of the providers I am having diffuculty with pm me!
Let the guys know if their references stonewall you. We have to police this ourselves, but we have to know what (and who) to police, so let us know. Cockblocking of any kind is frowned upon by most of us, so it's not a particularly effective way of trying to protect your client base in the long run. It will have the opposite effect on many of us. Assuming we fine out, that is.
Can't we all be friends?
  • 69er
  • 07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I've got to agree. Many gents put themselves in peril, to post a "No" review, or a NCNS. I've done it, and taken heat from the WK's, so I have zero tolerance for such comments.

Name names, or spare the site the bandwidth. PMing the names does no good. If it isn't searchable, it doesn't really harm the ladies. If you can't get a reply from them, what is it going to hurt... are they not going to reply to your requests?

I really want to know when a lady I wish to see is having problems with one of my referances. The lady I wish to see is not in a very good bargaining position, the gentleman is. Let the gents know that you are unable to get her to reply to your request for a referance. If I was using her as a referance, she would either reply in a timely manner, or lose my future business entirely.
Aren't okays on P411 not enough?

If I request one and she doesn't give it, I will ask again.
I'd want to know if someone i use for a reference refuses to give one. I probably wouldn't see her ass again...but, i'd wanna know.
I'd want to know if someone i use for a reference refuses to give one. I probably wouldn't see her ass again...but, i'd wanna know. Originally Posted by uncle buck 50

I agree..I also think the offenders names should be posted..MAybe then they would understand why their business is going down hill..
Pig tails, pig tails, a petition for more pigtails.

They probably don't see anything in it for themselves at the moment.
Agree with the others, get back with the client and let him know.

Who knows anymore, I just got a strange pm back from a provider
who is suppose to be one of the top providers in Dallas. (GPS)

The times they are a changing.