ECCIE sucks at word games, and can't do basic math properly.

First time posting - and this is completely pointless but I thought it was a little funny... when I went to register after a few lurking visits, the registration form asked:

"If you have 9 pairs of shoes and give 3 of them away, how many do you have left?"

Easy, 15.

9 pairs = 18 shoes - 3 = 15.

Registration denied.

"Correct" answer (or I wouldn't be able to post this right now) is 6.

I knew it wanted 6, but guess I had to prove a point in spite of knowing it would be rejected... lol.
That's funny.
  • Go4it
  • 07-03-2011, 08:40 AM
That's funny?
The question already established that you are dealing in pairs of shoes. YOU chose to change the parameters of the question, thus making your entire post unfunny.

Welcome to ECCIE anyway.
That's funny? Originally Posted by Go4it
Yeah I thought that was "humorous" ----> not "funny" as in hysterical-knee-slapping-gut-wrenching material----> but amusing.

He says he knew what they wanted. I knew what they were asking for. Any halfway intelligent person would know too, but it's humorous that he looked at it the way that he did, and it's nice when folks can find humor in life. It's no fun being around a stick in the mud, someone with no sense of humor or someone who can't make everyday life more entertaining.

He put a smile on my face and for that I say he did his good deed for the day.