Board roles

Not sure that I've seen this presented anywhere, if so just point me there.

Anyway, are there defined roles for the various "positions" on the Board? There are moderators, super moderators, administrators, etc., but I can't tell that there are functional differences (not that there has to be, but it's confusing when there are different titles with no apparent distinction in roles). For example, it's not uncommon for an administrator to step in and close a thread because he/she deems in it no longer worthy; that would seem to be a moderator function, while the term administrator suggests a technical support role. Anyway, it occurred to me to ask in passing (yeah, bored while waiting to go out)
Excellent question. I'd love to see the answer to it also.
Keep on loving. The powers that be are formulating the answers.
Keep on loving. The powers that be are formulating the answers. Originally Posted by pyramider
But if that is so, wouldn't that require a new position of "Formulator"? My, oh my, the hierarchy here is mind-numbing!!
"Formulator"... yeah... I want to be one of those! LOL
Moderator: Keeps you from acting like an asshole in your neighborhood

Super Moderator: Keeps you from acting like an asshole in multiple places

Administrator: Fixes the damage done by assholes to the structure of the board and takes into consideration the opinions and ideas of the various assholes that come up with great ideas, but aren't sure how to translate them into computer code.

Owner: Pays the bills so assholes have a place to look for pussy and write reviews about their experiences while looking for pussy. Attracts advertising to help pay the bills and takes all the heat for the failures of the board, but never gets the credit for the good things.
Moderator: Keeps you from acting like an asshole in your neighborhood

Super Moderator: Keeps you from acting like an asshole in multiple places

Administrator: Fixes the damage done by assholes to the structure of the board and takes into consideration the opinions and ideas of the various assholes that come up with great ideas, but aren't sure how to translate them into computer code.

Owner: Pays the bills so assholes have a place to look for pussy and write reviews about their experiences while looking for pussy. Attracts advertising to help pay the bills and takes all the heat for the failures of the board, but never gets the credit for the good things. Originally Posted by ANONONE
Well said