Backstory on Backpage

thanx for the update on this.
Thanks for that article..
Still will boil down to the feds and regulations which make the feds rich ( control over the internet , think china)
I found this interesting. The writer himself, PAUL DEMKO.

In September 2016, I received an email from a Scottsdale, Arizona law firm representing Lacey. The missive explained that he was seeking to create a database of former New Times/Village Voice Media employees for “communication purposes.” I thought it was a bit peculiar, but figured it couldn’t hurt to send along my mailing address. A few days later, I got home to find a FedEx envelope in my mailbox. Inside was a check for $5,000 from Lacey. “Mr. Lacey has asked us to convey that this gift is a small token of his appreciation,” the accompanying note said. Dozens of former employees across the country received similar expressions of gratitude from Lacey. I happily deposited the check in my bank account, justifying it as deserved compensation for years of hard work at modest pay. That was the last I heard from Lacey.
I found it interesting that the 2 journalist went from being lowly paid news hounds seeking to rock the political world to filthy rich sex hustlers.