Travel advice sought

I am planning a trip from Austin to Bentonville ( I think that is the name) AK to see the art exhibit. Google routes me right through downtown Dallas, which I wish to avoid. ( I grew up, to some extent, in Lewisvillle and used to drive in Dallas frequently. I have taken this route before and thought surely there must be a better way)

I am seeking advice on alternate routes around Dallas that will bet me eventually to highway 75.

I noticed :
1. Loop 635 which will do the trick but l.l. a long detour.

2. Take 12 off IH 35 to IH 45 then north until it turns into 75.

Any other suggestions, or advice on my selections, fully appreciated.
  • slap
  • 10-30-2021, 01:23 PM
635 is usually a hot mess but it’s probably the best alternative if you wanna avoid downtown/canyon area.

Yeah or take loop 12 to 35 north to the George Bush and take that east to 75. Less traffic but toll road.
As you are nearing Dallas on I-35, take I-20 east and after several miles turn onto I-45 northbound
Depends on the time of day. If at all possible, try to time it to avoid rush hour (roughly 4:00 to 7:00PM weekdays). If you can do that, Woodall Rogers across the north edge of downtown is as good as any and would be my choice (even though it sounds like you want to avoid it). Alternatively, continue north on I35 and take 635 across.

If you can't avoid rush hour then your best bets are I20 across to I45 and then north, or take I35E all the way through to George Bush Tollway and across to 75. There's really no good option at rush hour, though, it's pretty much a tossup.
How was your trip??