US Census 2010

In a time in our country where everything is subject to cutbacks, why is it that the US Census bureau needs to send out millions of envelopes to let the citizens of our country know that in a week we will be receiving our census form to fill out? They could have just included the cover letter in with the census form I would think. Can't understand why we have a Trillion dollar deficit.

• GP
  • 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
LOL, funny you mention that. I was just having a discussion about the exact same topic the other day. I have the letter in front of me. Whatever happened to the Paper Reduction Act of 1980? I guess Robert M. Groves (Director of the US Census Bureau) is allowed to ignore the PRA.
To postman errrrr postperson something to sleep on eeeerrrr work on.
It seems everyone i know has commented on what a foolish waste this letter is. Matter of fact, I've recieved it twice!
I think you missed the point of the letter. Sending it out had nothing to do with reminding you of the census. The postal service which is owned and operated by the Federal Gov is losing money. Now we all know why but with the proper amount of smoke and the correct placement of the mirrors they will try to convince the american people that they can't possibly cut services or have less days of delievery (possibly leading to the dismissal of many jobs with unbelievable benefits and a killer retirement plan) as they obviously have too much "important" correspondance to handle. You see if FedEx and UPS are going to do such a great job delievering things, then the government will just create work for themselves.
Politics as usual!

yup keep them working

You do not want to close the us postoffice
Unbelievable...
I said that, and even called to Michigan, to see if they had it.
Oh, and what do you know.
They were thinking, someone, forgot to add the form.
Until they read, the piece of paper.*shaking my head*
  • Doove
  • 03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
You see if FedEx and UPS are going to do such a great job delievering things, then the government will just create work for themselves.
Politics as usual! Originally Posted by FlyboyNY
And i thought they did it because they just wanted to take away our freedoms.

----------------------------------

And before certain members get too upset, it was only meant as a
And i thought ... it was only meant as a Originally Posted by Doove
Ha! Great cartoons.

I went to the post office about six weeks ago with a huge pile of presents (twin nieces and a nephew with February birthdays). I plonk aforementioned Huge Pile onto the counter. The lady eyeballs Huge Pile and pulls out a priority mail box - you know, the box that's about 3x3x12. I state the obvious, "I need a bigger box." She says, "Well, I have more of these boxes."

I went to FedEx.