Save To Drafts Feature For Reviews

Eccie Staff,

Here is an idea that I believe would greatly help members write better reviews.

Right now, the way the system is set up, you have to sit down and write the review and submit it with only about 60 minutes to edit your work so basically it's a one-shot affair.

What I would like to suggest is to provide a "Save to Drafts" feature like you have in Outlook or most world processors for reviews.

Right now, my work-around method is to write the review in Word and work on it in short time segments as my schedule permits and post it only when it's finally completed,edited and revised, but if the board had a "Save to Drafts" feature, you could have the entire review in progress as you develop the rest of the story and post only when ready.

What do you guys think? Would that be a difficult enhancement for your developers to incorporate into the system?

None of the other boards have such a feature and Eccie could become a trendsetter and improve the quality of the reviews in the process.

Let me know what you think. Personally, I think it's a great idea and it wouldn't take up much space since once the review is posted, the draft could be deleted.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
You can have the entire review in progress in your document that you compose offline. That is what I do. All of the information for all of the items in the review form are stored in that document. Then, when I am ready, it is simply a matter of copying from the document and pasting to the review form. It is easy, you do not lose information because of an interruption occurring while you are trying to compose it online, and you have your own copy in case you have to post it again. (Remember ASPD's crashes and data loss?) Whether you are a composing a real review or a draft of one if such a capability were in place, you would still have the possibility of losing what was keyed in from the time you started to the time an interruption occurs.
  • xtrem
  • 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
+1 Yep!
Copying another document is cumbersome. I'd rather risk losing drafts stored on this site than jump back and forth between the site and a copy on another program.

But if it's beyond the capabilities of the site, just tell us that and we'll go away.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-25-2010, 04:18 PM
At this time the site cannot do what FG is asking.

What I described is simply one way to post a review without the risk of losing your data.
That's interesting. Is there a reason why the Personal Notepad inside your UserCP won't work to do what you're describing?
The notepad in the CP has limited capabilities.

My Word processor has much more power as a workaround, but it is still a work around solution.

Personally, I think my idea has a lot of merit and would improve the quality of the reviews, but of course it would mean more work for your staff and may be the source of resistance.

Please give it some thought before deciding.

I think it would greatly improve the board and that should be everyone's concern.

• Mokoa
  • 07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
The quality of the reviews is from what is written in them, not how they are posted. So, I do not see how their quality would be improved by what you are proposing.
At this time the site cannot do what FG is asking.

What I described is simply one way to post a review without the risk of losing your data. Originally Posted by Mokoa
And we thank you for the suggestion and the answer.
  • TBONE
  • 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Fast Gunn

Your suggestion is greatly appreciated..definitely open for discussion with my partners and our programmer.

Keep em comming!

T
Thanks for being so welcoming of suggestions, TBone.
know i'm late to this but just wanted to add my support as well. I would love this. I too write it somewhere else and then cut and paste. Then try to hurry and edit to do any formating changes, adding additional links, etc... before it gets approved and then locked where you can't edit it.

Also seen many reviews accidentally posted prematurely leaving out big chunks, and I think it might require mod approval to edit after the fact.