RFP: A New Approach to the Oldest Profession

RFP. In my world, that is a Request For Proposal. When a company decides to buy something, they publish their desired specifications and capable providers submit proposals outlining their capabilities, experience, value-add, and fees for the work to be done. It is how countless millions and even billions of dollars are spent each day. It ensures that the client gets exactly what they wanted in a deal that is mutually beneficial to both parties.

So I propose we introduce the RFP into ECCIE, as a Request For Provider.

Clients publish to a thread what they want and the desired date/time, and providers can PM their proposals and rates. It is the reverse of how we do business here today. Sort of like a reverse auction.

I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of guys and girls about the idea.
Now this is a ideal that has me thinking!!!!

This could be a really GREAT ideal for the UTR ladies.....

XO
Becky
Sounds like a great idea to me
ACE
It would appear to work best for the clients who enjoy seeing a wide range of ladies, so that they can: (1) write an RFP specifically enough to minimize responses from ladies whom he would not want to see; and (2) still get several responses before his deadline from which to choose. (In a normal business, you probably issue RFP's only to a few firms you know meet your requirements. Either that, or it's a commodity product/service and the quality will be comparable no matter who gets the contract.)

Given the reluctance many ladies have expressed in "cold calling" prospective clients (and the comments by many clients discouraging the ladies from initiating contact), many of them might be reluctant to respond to such an RFP, even if they meet the qualifications, unless the requestor has previously indicated a desire in seeing her specifically. I've seen that sort of reaction from ladies elsewhere. As a result, the ladies who respond don't always correlate well with the client's interests/specifications, no matter how well defined. It doesn't mean an RFP system wouldn't work, just that there are social norms that might inhiibit the responses to some degree.

I'm not sure which would be most attractive to clients who would do this. the ego-stroke of being "chased" by the ladies or the potential financial benefit inherent in having the ladies "bid" against each other for his business. (Would the ladies just respond with their publicly advertised rates? If so, this saves the client some time looking through reviews/ads for prospects, although he still may need/want to look through reviews/ads to check out and choose from among the ladies who respond.)

----------------

This system would probably not work well for me. I'm fairly particular in the ladies whom I want to see, and there aren't a huge number at any particular point in time. With only a few "prospects," it's more effective for me to go ahead and contact a few ladies directly rather than posting an RFP and waiting for them to be online, happen to read my RFP, and respond to it -- by which time my window of opportunity might have closed.

But for some guys, it might work out very well. IF it would also work out well for the ladies, that is, if they would feel comfortable responding to an RFP.

It's been used (informally and infrequently) on other sites, but I'm not sure how successfully. If you try it here, let us know how it works out. I'm curious.
Fantastic idea!
  • texengnr
  • 07-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I would think this idea could work well. I'd add the ability for an "open" bid and "closed" bid RFP. An RFP open to any provider to review and respond to; or closed - sent a specific list of providers.

I am particularly interested to hear the ladies views on this. Please, chime in.
It is a good idea, and for the very reason Becky gives. No Dutch auctions, however. Please.
I would think this idea could work well. I'd add the ability for an "open" bid and "closed" bid RFP. An RFP open to any provider to review and respond to; or closed - sent a specific list of providers. Originally Posted by texengnr
The "closed" is already availabe, isn't it? You just send them an email; you don't need a review/discussion board like ECCIE for it. (At least, assuming that you know their email addresses.)

I've done something a little bit like this before. At least, for a short notice window of opportunity, I might send an email to two or three ladies. It was to see who might be available rather than a "bid" per se; I just paid their regular rates.

The real advantage of an RFP post on a review/discussion board would be to get responses from ladies you might not otherwise think of. At least, it seems to me.
  • OFF
  • 07-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Okay, question ... First, if I say I will pay this much for these services, isn't that essentially the outright definition of solicitation and second, would the Board have some culpability if that occurred?

Just a thought.

OFF :-)
Okay, question ... First, if I say I will pay this much for these services, isn't that essentially the outright definition of solicitation... Originally Posted by OFF
When a business creates an RFP, it never publishes or discusses their budget or how much they are willing to pay. The simply doesn't request an RFP unless they are willing and able to do business.

Those negotiations are done when a services provider is selected. Generally, these are closed door negotiations.

It is implied that this would be the same.

The provider would send you her proposal. If she chooses to give you an unpublished special rate, that is her discretion to do so. It gives providers much more flexibility to give unpublished rates to the people they would like to see and gives clients a better view of who is available that meets their needs.
I'm with Chevaliar I don't think it would work for me, besides I like the Hunt.
I think it would make it easy for LE to bust both parties. I appreciate the thought but we are talking about illegal type situations. I could see how both get set up. I would not consider using it and the providers in the end are bidding against each other much more directly, Great thought wrong business.
Too many variables go into my formula before making a decision. The worst person to let help you make the decision is the provider.
Too many variables go into my formula before making a decision. The worst person to let help you make the decision is the provider. Originally Posted by Introuble
You would still be making the decision. It is process that allows the providers to "send private bids" for your business. The bids would be private and sent via Pm or email. In this tight economy, it could be a win/win situation. Business for the ladies and some deals for the guys. It's a reverse haggle, if you will. I could see the guys who like multi-hours / overnighters benefiting the most.

However, the ladies would have to deal with rejection if their offer is not taken advantage of. It's simply business. However, if the ladies make the offer good for a decent length of time, it could lead to nice "binge" by the hobbyist with several offers being accepted.

I remember AHC had a fast lane. Busty was against it on ASPD and claimed lawyers advised her against it which led to bo boy seeks girl ISO's.

I think it would be a highly attractive feature to add for ECCIE and I really hope the staff will consider it.
  • fawn
  • 07-19-2009, 01:07 PM
well i dont think this would work for me...it sounds like it would intel a whole lot of time that i dont really have, between job 1 and job 2 where would i find the time to send out all those bids and still try to work.....