An Alien Agenda?

Because of my working relationship with Professor Walt Rostow, I attended graduate school in Cambridge, Mass., at the University where he formerly taught. At the time I focused on strategic nuclear forces because I was concerned that there might be a nuclear war with the Soviet Union. I wasn't the only one who felt that way at the time. After my first semester I told Dr. Rostow this, and he strangely told me he thought I was wasting my efforts there and that I should be focusing on something else.
I was very puzzelled by this, and inquired why. Then he proceeded to tell me, in his usual obtuse way, that he was convinced that a nuclear war with the Soviets was not possible. The reason he gave [from his experience as National Security Advisor to President Johnson, etc.] was that there had been documented many occasions in which "alien craft" had directly interfered with our nuclear weapons. He claimed [once again in his own obtuse manner] that the "alien craft" were controlled by someone [presumably of a superior capability] which he believed would never permit a nuclear war. At the time I considered this encounter with him to be the first of what I thought later would be many outlandish opinions or claimed knowledge by him. He was a very opinionated and at times rather outrageous character.

Now all these years later this comes along:

http://www.news.discovery.com/space/...men-claim.html