To A Hobbyist, Is There A Such Thing As Booking Too Far In Advance?

Hello All!

Just wondering, if there is a such thing as booking too far in advance?

I have asked this privately but not to other hobbyist.

In these private conversations it's about half and half.

Some hobbyist hate this practice of "pre-booking", while others can't hobby without it.

I am wondering because some guys are impulsive and prefer to meet the provider as soon as he sees the Ad.

While others prefer to see how it goes....

So what i'm wondering is, does it help to have more notice before a provider visits?

Or, is it frustrating to look at her calendar and see that it will be a month before she arrives?

What are your thoughts?

(I would also like to hear from providers as well)

Thanks so much!
I like more notice. I'm not a last minute appt. guy. I need to plan ahead, so a month or more isn't an issue. I will stay in contact (not everyday) & solidly confirm about a week out.
  • Old-T
  • 12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Agree with parades. A month out is good, anything less than a week causes problems. At the far end I have done a year in advance for special occasions.
Okay, that helps! I know some have told me seeing an early ad is actually a turn off and make them less likely to book.

I book way ahead some people can't stand it so i'm trying to find a happy medium.

Perhaps booking ahead is the way to go.

Thanks for the input so far!

It would be great to hear from a providers perspective too.
  • Old-T
  • 12-04-2014, 04:32 PM
No matter what you do it will keep some happy and upset others.
I figured but hobbyist that know me, know I try to accommodate as many as possible. This can be a super hard place to be. ( at times not possible!) but I try... so yea....

Thanks so much again.
About half my calendar fills in 4-6 weeks in advance. My regulars usually book first, along with professional gentlemen who see me as a professional like any other. They book their doctors, dentist, and therapy appointments 4-6 weeks out and likewise they are able to commit to an appointment with me far in advance.

2-4 weeks out I receive another 25% of my bookings. These gentlemen may travel for work and do not know their schedule more than 2-4 weeks in advance or just needed a couple weeks to think about it and/or put aside play money in their budget before they book with me. Or they just didn't notice my ads any earlier. I start advertising visits about six weeks in advance but not everyone checks the boards every week.

I receive very few bookings 1-2 weeks out from a visit. Most of the guys who like to pre-book have already booked. Maybe one booking will roll in during this time frame in any given city. Maybe a cancellation also. It tends to even out.

Within the week leading up to my visit I generally receive several more bookings from guys who do not know their schedules until the week before or so.

I'm theoretically open to last-minute bookings when a gentleman contacts me in exactly the way I desire and the stars align for both of our schedules. But to be honest, last-minute bookings are not my priority. I practically live on the road and I enjoy having balance in my life, which means that between my other appointments, I am shopping, eating out, or visiting civvie friends who I have in any given town. Since I travel so much, I have civvie friends all over. So I'm not inclined to interrupt my personal life to accommodate someone who couldn't be bothered to reserve time in advance. But as mentioned I will happily take last minute bookings if it all just works out perfectly. For example, sometimes a gentleman emails me from his work account with at least 3-4 hours notice and I happen to have an opening later that day that I can fit him into. But I turn away 80-90% of my last-minute requests.

How far in advance is too far in advance? If someone tries to schedule something with me 3-4 months in advance, I generally do not know my schedule yet. But if I'm advertising a visit, that means I am accepting appointments.
I try to book ahead because I don't care for anything less than a 2 or 3 hr appointment. The only down side for me is the anticipation of things to come.
50/50 - Some do, some don't - half and half - Yes and No .... That's about right...
I know some have told me seeing an early ad is actually a turn off and make them less likely to book. Originally Posted by Tylus_amore
I don't understand this statement. It sounds like those guys do not respect you as a professional and they are the type of clients you don't really want to meet anyway. I mean, I can understand when a gentleman simply cannot book in advance. Some guys have unpredictable jobs or unpredictable sex drives. No shame in that. But being turned off by the fact that you plan in advance and offer gentlemen who DO know their schedule in advance the opportunity to reserve time with you so that you can plan your life? I don't know why that would be a turn off unless they just don't respect you and think that you should be sitting in your lingerie in your room all day waiting for calls so you can be available at a moment's notice. I don't know about you, but that's definitely not the kind of client I want anyway. If someone said something like that to me, I would have to respond that it was their loss. Or even more likely, not respond at all. Why respond to someone who is demonstrating that level of disrespect to you as an entrepreneur and a small business owner?
I spend a lot of time on research and I like to have things planned out in advance. I have offered a session to a traveling lady that caught my fancy but was not advertising a visit three months out in an effort to get her here. It worked out great! I've done similar when I knew I was going to be traveling. My disappointments (and they have been few due to my normal research) have usually been with last minute appointments. My worst was when I found out last minute (24 hours before is last minute to me) that I had an op and discovered in the middle of a session with a pretty high dollar lady that she did not allow fiv or cim.

We are commiting a crime (as stupid as the idea is that it's no crime to give it away but a crime to sell it) and I am most comfortable if I've had some time to plan it out. The great movie "Body Heat" had a classic scene. "For every crime, there are a hundred ways to get caught. If you can think of 25 of them, you're a genius - and you're no genius." Call that paranoid if you want but I can't afford to get caught and I've got to be as close to 100% comfortable walking in as is possible. Planning things out helps me with that.
I do not pre-book. I can see making a reservation for dinner but you pretty much eat every day. With this I feel it is way too unpredictable to know your tastes will align with what is scheduled 4-6 weeks in advance. I can go see my lawyer or dentist with a stomach ache or a stuffy nose but something like that may want to make me cancel an investment in pleasure, and canceling is worse, to me, than not booking.

Also, in my market we have few ladies capable of following through with a pre-book. But I still consider this a practice of spontaneity. I would rather know of a house or an agency that kept inventory in stock, to put it crudely, but that is lacking here as well.
When it comes to hobbying, I have more money than time. Pre-booking at the least 2-3 days in advance is a must, and I've booked ahead by as much as a month. Short-notice has never been my friend.

What is irritating to me are ads from travelers who post their 2-3 day visit on the day that they arrive in town. I get it that they usually post only after they've pre-booked with regulars (I get advance private notice myself from several), but it is frustrating if the last-minute post is from a lady that I otherwise would have very much wanted to see.
Duplicate post. iPhone fart.
Its a bit of a double edged sword. Especially with Traveling Providers. If they don't get enough pre-books to cover their costs. They may bypass your city. And then you hear the complaints from the guys that don't or won't book with a Provider in advance. But I agree with some of the other posts regarding traveling Providers that announce their pending arrival in your city the day before or day of their arrival.