Photo tracking

I saw were Ze had commented on a posted picture of a guys motorcycle. It made me think of this link.... Becareful posting pictures if privacy is a concern!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xvZF-yP...yer_detailpage

BSG
  • ~Ze~
  • 03-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Most people take photos with their cell phones now. Not just iphone has gps and other data saved into the data of an image. Besides the meta data on pics themselves, that specific situation was more about narrowing down areas and other ways to trace.
I saw were Ze had commented on a posted picture of a guys motorcycle. It made me think of this link.... Becareful posting pictures if privacy is a concern!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xvZF-yP...yer_detailpage

BSG Originally Posted by BODYSHOPGUY
There was a thread about this recently. The photo Ze referred to has visual identifiers in the pic.

As for photos with GPS info, it was recommended that people turn off location services on their cameras or phones when taking pics to post here. The date and time stamp and recording device remains though.

The photos can be run through Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperture and the GPS tags can be removed or even altered. The date and time stamp can be removed or changed as well before posting. I am not sure if Google Picasa has the feature to edit meta tags..
There was a thread about this recently. The photo Ze referred to has visual identifiers in the pic.

As for photos with GPS info, it was recommended that people turn off location services on their cameras or phones when taking pics to post here. The date and time stamp and recording device remains though.

The photos can be run through Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperture and the GPS tags can be removed or even altered. The date and time stamp can be removed or changed as well before posting. I am not sure if Google Picasa has the feature to edit meta tags.. Originally Posted by Jarvis
Thank you. I'm sure I'm no the only one that's seen this recently which makes me very hesitant to post pictures which is going to suck for many reviews going forward from the guy's standpoint or the ladies posting pictures in their ads.
Thank you. I'm sure I'm no the only one that's seen this recently which makes me very hesitant to post pictures which is going to suck for many reviews going forward from the guy's standpoint or the ladies posting pictures in their ads. Originally Posted by EasyLover214
Here is an online site that will allow people check their photos for geo tags before posting.

http://www.geoimgr.com/
This is very good info when using a cell phone. I have just checked several photos that i took using my DSLR and no info was available. I don't think there are any DSLR cameras that have GPS built in. I have several reviews where i took many pictures and posted them in the review. you can tell the ones that are from my DSLR and the ones that are from her showcase. I never use my cell phone to take pics. DSLR has a better quality in my opinion and safer. NO GPS

CG
This is very good info when using a cell phone. I have just checked several photos that i took using my DSLR and no info was available. I don't think there are any DSLR cameras that have GPS built in. I have several reviews where i took many pictures and posted them in the review. you can tell the ones that are from my DSLR and the ones that are from her showcase. I never use my cell phone to take pics. DSLR has a better quality in my opinion and safer. NO GPS

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0
Quite a few of the newer model DSLR cameras have built-in GPS capability. Most notable is the Nikon D5300 which not only has GPS but also WIFI and can upload directly to the internet.
There is also a program called "Batch Purifier" that will strip all the metadata out of your pics. It's free and does the job.
Thank you. I'm sure I'm no the only one that's seen this recently which makes me very hesitant to post pictures which is going to suck for many reviews going forward from the guy's standpoint or the ladies posting pictures in their ads. Originally Posted by EasyLover214
photos in a review, imho, are just cream on the ice cream. they are nice to see but not necessarily required.
and if a guy or gal gives a reviewer crap for not including photos, that's on them and not the reviewer.

There is also a program called "Batch Purifier" that will strip all the metadata out of your pics. It's free and does the job. Originally Posted by str8.2.bbbj
$19 from http://www.digitalconfidence.com/BatchPurifier.html
there is also a Lite version. websearch for "Batch Purifier"
Yea, the "lite" works just fine. I use it for different products and no issues.
Host your images on Imgur.com, it's free and they strip all the geo coding and all meta tags. Been using it for years.
was in the kitchen last winter...over a year ago. and saw a beautiful red fox (animal...not a chick) in the back yard. wanted to take a picture using my phone. i did not know how. seriously i had never taken a picture using my cell phone. i know tech stuff...have a degree in computer science. and i still do not know how to do it. i am not old or anything...just do not feel a need to take pix with my phone.
open your photo and hit 'print screen' , then paste it into paint or pain.net, removes all information collected when you took pic.. and you can post or share without using a 3rd party.. you can even paste the pic right into gmail or google+ ...