What's the Best Phone App ?

I've tried a couple and was disappointed. I like to use app phone for hobbying because it's safer. I'm looking for a phone app that sends and receives pics also. Any suggestions ?
I've used Talkatone, works great as long as you use speaker phone to talk.
Pinger is free and is avail for iPhone, android and desktop version.. The phone version lets you make calls if you buy minutes (maybe like $3 for 100+ minutes) but if you download it to your computer and use it off there, you can only text but it's free.. Same goes for the TextFree app which is pretty much text only but calls are not included. Both have worked fine for me!

I have also used Google Voice on my computer which lets you make free texts and calls anywhere in the U.S.
I've pointed it out before:

http://www.burnerapp.com/

I'm not affiliated with them or anything like that. It's just the most like having an actual second line.

And for the most secure messaging app-- way more secure than Kik or any of those other apps-- use Wickr.

https://wickr.com/

Again, not affiliated (but I do keep track of several of their board members, who are security notables).
Google voice is a popular one and now you can decide if you want to make a call using your GV number or real number. They recently fixed that issue. You can also make calls and texts for free through your gmail account on your computer, which is good.
I've pointed it out before:

http://www.burnerapp.com/

I'm not affiliated with them or anything like that. It's just the most like having an actual second line.

And for the most secure messaging app-- way more secure than Kik or any of those other apps-- use Wickr.

https://wickr.com/

Again, not affiliated (but I do keep track of several of their board members, who are security notables). Originally Posted by jdkees
Wickr is the SHIT. Highly recommend.
Google voice will not send a picture. I will receive a picture
Cover Me is the best. You can send texts, videos, photos, and even place calls. I love it. Totally discreet and you can even create a decoy password as well as change what the app thumbnail looks like on your phone. I have all my regulars communicate with me via CoverMe. They love it!
Google voice is a popular one and now you can decide if you want to make a call using your GV number or real number. They recently fixed that issue. You can also make calls and texts for free through your gmail account on your computer, which is good. Originally Posted by Angel Ryder
BE CAREFUL with this one, if you set this up wrong, you end end up OUTING yourself (real number)...

Use one of the straight up apps that DON'T link to your RW number. Burner, NEXT+, CoverMe, or even Skype is better. Just make sure you are using your DATA plan for calls and never forward or receive to your RW number.
Cover Me is the best. You can send texts, videos, photos, and even place calls. I love it. Totally discreet and you can even create a decoy password as well as change what the app thumbnail looks like on your phone. I have all my regulars communicate with me via CoverMe. They love it! Originally Posted by Alexie Amor
Wow, looking over its features I definitely will take a look. I like the locking vault feature description, which Burner certainly doesn't have. Both seem able to sandbox but Cover Me looks more like you can close that sandbox off to the system dialer/contacts.

Thanks for sharing!
BE CAREFUL with this one, if you set this up wrong, you end end up OUTING yourself (real number)...

Use one of the straight up apps that DON'T link to your RW number. Burner, NEXT+, CoverMe, or even Skype is better. Just make sure you are using your DATA plan for calls and never forward or receive to your RW number. Originally Posted by karmapolice
I don't have it linked to my RW number
Always have three layers between you and your personal stuff.
Wow, looking over its features I definitely will take a look. I like the locking vault feature description, which Burner certainly doesn't have. Both seem able to sandbox but Cover Me looks more like you can close that sandbox off to the system dialer/contacts.

Thanks for sharing! Originally Posted by jdkees
Yep! I'm the queen of discretion! You're welcome.
Good info here; thanks everyone. This is what this board is all about: Information Exchange. Thank you all.
I use a burner android phone. Then Google voice on it. Installed talkatone and connected it to the Google voice.

Belt, suspenndors and a thick underwear.