Breaking from the hobby routine

And when I say "routine"…I'm not really meaning that in a negative way (like a boring routine). Because it's actually a pretty good formula.

To generalize—a session might start out with a little get-aquainted chat, followed by a quick shower, then turning up the burner with kissing and some mutual body exploration. Then fun oral activities including a combination of DATY(O), BJ, 69. Then suiting up for some MPFS. Afterwards, any or all of those things may be repeated. (After writing that, why am I even questioning anything?…it's PERFECT.) Anyway…

I'm curious how may times people go into a session with something DIFFERENT on the agenda? Just for change of pace?

I started thinking about this subject while sitting at an Einstein's Bagels in the Park Cities this morning. As I'm working on my laptop, drinking my coffee, I'm watching numerous very beautiful women (ranging from super-fit moms to college coeds on summer break) come and go. And their outfits are great—short shorts to show off nice tanned legs or the ever-popular and always hot tight black yoga pants. I started wondering—especially when I look at a shapely tasty butt in yoga pants—what a session would be like where I might spend 3-fourths of the time just running my hands (or face, etc) up and down a lady's legs and ass.

What's my inspiration for this—is it that this might resemble a more real-world activity (rather than the normal hobby-world/clock-ticking activity)? Is it that I'm closer to 50 than 30, so I'm more interested in going slower and stopping to "smell the roses"? Or am I just nuts?

I can't imagine a 20-30 year old guy relating to this at all. But I am interested in the the idea of varying the normal hobby session—in some way—from both guys and ladies' points of view.
It sounds like you want 45 minutes of groping and 15 minutes of "everything else." Or did that 15 minutes also include sitting at Einstein's Bagels drinking coffee and working on your laptop, and I'll guess stroking your goatee in patient understanding?

Just kidding!
Good point…I may have to stretch a session like that to 90 minutes. (NOT including time for drinking coffee and pretending to be Ernest Hemingway.) Funny!
I've tried all kinds of things: Sybians/toys, mirrors, outfits, bathroom counters, mirrors, cars, on the floor, couches, chairs, mirrors...

Some of it planned, some not.
Spontaneous sex is the best sex...and it's happened a couple times just hanging out with Providers. Think of it this way: if you can pump away but the sexual satisfaction isn't quite there...at least you're getting your cardio in.
NorthD: That was you with the big smile at Einstein's this morning? Not my normal place, but there was a guy at a laptop having a good daydream. It had to be you. LOL.

On topic: When the girl I see is new to me, the "routine" the OP described is often difficult to break away from for me. Alternatively, if the lady is my present go to girl, changing it up is awesome! We can get heated up on the phone before I arrive and never get to far past the front door or couch. Ice cream can be fun in a variety of ways. Toys, varied positions, trying new things, teaching each other something new, or just plain ol' fucking each others brains out till you are both O'd out and getting sore are all hot variations (Prolongus, having a Symbian would have come in handy a time or two). Regardless sometimes, like the OP mentioned, focusing on making out slowly and running your hands and face over her legs (or other body areas) for an extended period of time is awesome for both the guy and the girl and does feel more like a real world date (great IOP is so dope). Variety and mixing it up is awesome. I think that spontaneous sex mixed with a little planed variety is the best way to go, but only with a lady I have been with before and already have some connection with.

I haven't tried to change the "routine" to much on a first meeting with a provider, but I suspect that if I did change from the normal "routine" too much that the session might become a bit awkward or uncomfortable.
I feel the same way all the time. I miss caressing and feeling up a woman, seeing her in a little skimpy outfit, the subtle teasing beforehand. Those days seem so long ago.
I've been thinking about something like this for a while.

I've always tended to be a fairly infrequent hobbyist, at least compared to some of you guys. Because sex for me is infrequent, I tend to stick with the tried and true because I know that that will produce a satisfactory result for me. In other words, I don't want to risk the chance that trying something new and different will result in a sub-optimal experience. And, since I tend to stick with one or two girls for a long time (I know this is silly, but it's the way my mind works), I don't want to risk them changing what I hope is a favorable opinion of me because I wanted to try something they would find objectionable.

I guess, in a broader context, the basic question is how many of us hobby to get our basic needs for physical and maybe a little emotional intimacy met, and how many of us view it as an area in which to explore, experiment or indulge our fantasies. If I had more opportunities and the right partner, I wouldn't mind exploring, but for now I'm too interested in making sure those basic needs are met.
Nobody is against the Samo lamo more then me! I have to mix it up with watches, being next, car vizits...and so on. Or, pissing off a good regular and having sex much later. It's hard to beat a 3am ff wake up call.