ASMR...Braingasm...What?

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response is something I've been looking into for a while. Talking to my daughter the other day about creating an ASMR massage session, she informs me that it's a fetish. 0.0

I had no idea, of course. I can be really naive'. For example, when I first saw a "Condom Sense" store I actually thought it was a store filled with nothing but condoms and thought to myself, "how civically responsible". Yeah, she set me straight on that one too.

Anyway, ASMR. It's a relaxation "session" that's about soothing sounds, textures, visuals, emotions and touch. The goal is to achieve that tingly feeling up the spine, the back of the neck and head. It feels wonderful but is it sexual? I suppose that anything can be sexual but is ASMR specifically a sexual thing? People who enjoy this use the word "braingasm" but I wonder if a full orgasm can be achieved this way or even if it's necessary?

The only experience I have with it is when I have a headache, if my partner will tickle my back and neck and give me goosebumps, many times my headache goes away. Or sometimes, my muscles are so tight that massage hurts. But again, give me goosebumps and it helps. It relaxes me like nothing else. I've had sex after experiencing the "goose bump" part and the sex was mighty good.

I'm just rolling the idea around but I'd like to hear what you have to say on the subject. I want to learn more about this from different points of view. Sexual oriented opinions and not. Thank you

It's difficult to achieve ASMR sessions that include sensuality, and some purists will say that it's impossible, but my interests run this direction.

For many, ASMR can be triggered by soft-touch, soft-spoken, and affirmations. Affirmations, of course, are another way of stroking an ego. Once you're in the business of stroking an ego, sensuality used subtly can be a useful tool to achieve that end.

Here are some good examples along these lines:
http://youtu.be/TrEPfQhXDeI
http://youtu.be/UsDU6qpKfZk
http://youtu.be/l1IR1vIamVk

I'm very interested in seeing this become a "thing." I enjoy the video experiences, but an in person experience would be a dream.
The This American Life podcast did part of an episode about ASMR:
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...ode/491/tribes

Pretty interesting. Didn't strike me as sexual in most cases.
Interesting topic.

Almost tantric, due to the sight, sound, smell, taste, feel, of eyes, ears, nose, tongue, skin related stimulation.

btw, all "gasms" are brain-related. Oxytocin or other endorphin hormone releases to make you feel good can be brain-based/related.

Is tickling, giggling, laughing, sexual? Most folks would probably say no, but given that all three can be fetish or otherwise sexually or sexuality related, why not.
I've seen several ASMR videos and I can see how they could be a "teasing" sort of thing. Light touch in the same spot is relaxing to a point. After that, they can irritate. Light touch can be done with things other than fingers and feathers. (nipples, anyone?) I love light touch and it can relax me better than massage. The best sex I've ever had was after a very relaxing massage so I wonder how good it could be after an ASMR session.... hmm, thinking....

If I've learned anything about fetishes it's that everything can be a thing.
Great topic! I'm about to start learning about something new!

And I'm SO glad to see you posting in Another Realm, Dharma!!! Welcome!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Thank you for the lovely welcome, Elizabeth! You know, I could learn a lot from you and I intend to pick your brain soon! The whole tease and denial thing has me very intrigued. Call me for a massage? I offer free henna for providers.
For me personally, when I have an ____ -gasm it always feels sexual. Listening to certain music or really good food can set me off. That's just my own experience. It might be different for people that don't tend to make everything sexual like I do.

I've had a friend who shared the ability to physically enjoy music and they got offended that I "tainted" the pure enjoyment of sound. They were composing a lot at the time so they have been skewed the opposite direction themselves.
I am interested
Hmmm, this sounds like heaven! They incorporate some of these things in kink massage, but I don't see what is so "kinky" about it really.

I love anything that heightens and engages the senses, especially in combination. Fur, silk, aromatherapy, lighting, tactile things, music, warm wax, cool drops of water, hot stones, color of the decor in a room. I just thought this was part of being a sensualist.

I am so glad you posted this!!! Great- something new to delve into!